Had a baby today!

by Cabin in the woods 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

This is my oldest sons birthday.

I always did this little thing when they were tiny ... I would tell them about the day that they were born. When they grew up I still called them and said remember what I was doing XX number of years ago? Then I would say something like it was such a nice day or starry night or whatever but it felt good.

This is the first year that I can not do that. Doesn't seem right. I want to call his cell so badly but he never ansers it when I do and refuses to call me back when I leave a message so I guess I will give him his space. I do hope that he is remembering though.

HOw do others of you cope with this insanity?

mary

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh Mary! Sorry it has to be this way but things can change.

• juni
    juni

Good morning Mary.

Please refresh my memory. How old is your son now and is he a JW ? Is this the reason he won't answer?

I feel for you as I would and still do the same thing as you. Re live that special day of their birth with them. A mom never forgets those "birthdays".

Hugs,

Juni

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi sorry to hear that he won't even answer the phone. Why not call from a number he won't know then he will answer, I know it's sneeky but you never know

My mum is still in the dubs but calls on the kids birthdays to say hi and that she is thinking about them, I'm sure she would like to join in but hey it's hard when you're brain belongs to someone else

Take care and keep hoping not sure what these guys mean but it looks like a hug

BM

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Leave a message anyway. Deep down inside, the kid he once was will appreciate it.

Nina

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can guarantee if this is the tradition you started with your children, they are missing it as much as you. I'd leave a message, let him try and shun it.

My beloved stepmom, Myrna, passed away over a year ago. She still haunts me, though, every time I dress or put on dinner, her reminders echoing in my heart.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Mary)))

You could call his cell anyway and tell him all you want to say. You might never know whether he listened to it or not, but who can tell? your message of love might be the one that reaches into his heart.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Oh Mary,

That just ripped my heart out! I am crying for you. I have tears in my eyes for you. I am a mother and mine are small and with me and I can only imagine how your heart feels. I am begging God right now to comfort you with his Holy Spirit. Nothing can be so painful as what your children do to your heart. I did the same thing to my mother when she left but look where I am now. God showed me the path to him and back to my mother. I have lifted you both up in prayer today and asked God to touch your childs heart that one day too you will be reunited and worshiping God together and have a relationship once again.

Your Sister in Christ,

Renee

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Nina and jgnat I think that you might be right.

I love him so much it hurts and I think that a special part of them will appreciate it.

I did some rethinking since I started this thread. He is strong, healthy, happy what right do I have to be sad. So a quick phone call and then I should be able to proceed through my day feeling much better.

Mary

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

sad emo. thank you and I think that you are right

synergy... that is one of the most beautiful posts that I have ever read. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit