See you next convention, or in the new system!

by daystar 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aniron
    aniron
    "See you next convention, or in the new system!"

I think I've heard that a few times through the years after District Conventions

• Poztate
    Poztate

If it is Gawds will we will see you next year for another exciting ASSembly.

• Brigid
    Brigid
    How cute! I can just imagine you and the boy. Reminds me of my childhood...

Yep, I can just imagine you in a similar predicament with your "stash"....ahem.

~B.

• juni
    juni

Daystar -

This has always been the mantra. Keeps people on their toes.

Juni

• daystar
    daystar
    Yep, I can just imagine you in a similar predicament with your "stash"....ahem.

LOL! That's not what I meant precisely. But, you would not likely have known about my stash. I was too shy.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Let's not forget the New KING of the NORTH:

http://charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1017&id=12920005&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Yep, the New System is just arooound theeee corrrrrrrner!!!

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

I heard something similar from my mother this weekend. Apparently my brother attended a ms/elder meeting and was not at liberty to tell even her what the big announcement was (mabye they will start charging for the literature again). She did excitedly tell me about their recent tract campaigns. Apparently they are not to engage in conversation but to just distribute the tracts to as many people as possible. "See it just goes to show how close to the end we are."

I remarked that I remember similar "campaigns" as a kid and was quite satisfied the end was not coming, but once it does arrive at last to please let me know so I could throw a party. She wasn't amused.

It both breaks my heart and frustrates me. She and so many other JWs want the end to come so bad. The lifes decisions she and many like her made thier entire lives were based on beliefs that the end was coming tomorrow. Now that she's nearing retirement age without any substantial savings and has a plethora of health problems, "the end" is the only thing keeping them going. Bless their hearts, damn the WTBTS. If they could understand that they've been duped by an American born religion less than 200 years old....sigh

NYCkid

• peggy
    peggy

An elder told the Book Study this week that the titles of the talks for the convention were enough to make your hair stand on end! Whatever THAT means!

Peg

• Warlock
    Warlock

"See you next convention, or in the new system!"

We said that after EVERY D.C. since I came in, in the early 1980's. They were probably saying it before then, too. No biggie.

Warlock

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    An elder told the Book Study this week that the titles of the talks for the convention were enough to make your hair stand on end!

I'd love to hear these.

Maybe it'll go/went something like this:

SATURDAY

8.45AM Song and Prayer

9.00AM Wake Up! For The End Is Near.

10.00AM Are YOU Prepared?

11.30AM Armageddon Is Coming. Wake Yourselves!

12.45PM Song

1.00PM Lunch

2.00PM Notice The People Returning To Their Seats Late? Woe To Them, For They Did Not Take Heed Of The 2PM Return Time.

2.30PM More Gossip About People Sat Near You.

Part One: Just How Many Cups Of Coffee Did That Man Consume?

Part Two: Take Your Eyes Off That Short Skirt And Listen.

Part Three: Discipline The Child Drawing In His/Her Notepad.

3.30PM THE END IS SOOOOOOO CLOSE IT IS VERY VERY POSSIBLE IT COULD BE TONIGHT ACCORDING TO A NEW UNDERSTANDING IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS ABOUT THE DATE AND ALLIGNMENT OF THE PLANETS AND WHAT SIDE OF THE BED YOU GOT OUT OF THIS MORNING!!!

4.00PM Tonight We Will Be Proven Correct- Put Your Life In God's Hands

4.30PM Many Now Living Will Not See The Sunrise.

5.00PM Extended Baptism Session - all welcome!

SUNDAY

Program Subject To Change

9.00AM Song and Prayer

9.15AM NEW LIGHT: What Revelations Was Really Saying

10.00AM God Works In Mysterious Ways

11.00AM Who Are YOU To Question The Lord?

etc etc!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit