A partial email from a j-dub regarding the convention.

by Highlander 16 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Another thing that I came away with was the realization of how close we are to the end of this system...

They came away with exactly what the WTS wanted them to come away with. But it was never really stated that the end was imminent. It's all a play on words and it gets the dubs to jumping to conclusions and they come away with this 'understanding' and they run around screaming that the sky is falling.

it was brought out that the great tribulation will strike suddenly, without warning, and that we should not allow ourselves to be side tracked by anything, and to keep focused on seeking first the kingdom and drawing close to Jehovah, and if we do that He will make sure we will be able to get through anything.

Nothing new there. It's the same old BS they've been spouting for decades. The great tribulation could be 200 years in the future but it will still strike suddenly and without warning. They just amp it up with the "keep focused" attitude they want everyone to have and it gives them a sense of urgency and then they think the end is just around the corner.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Unfortunately for the JW's,

Drawing close to Jehovah = Drawing close to the "Faithful Slave."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I was at the convention as well. The speaker mentioned that the end could be within hours. I've been pestering my honey with that ever since.

"If it's within hours I don't have to plan dinner!"

"It's been hours since that speaker said the end could be here. What do we do now?"

"If the end is within hours I can quit my job!"

"Now you don't have to plan for your retirement, considering the end could be within hours."

I am pretty sure my JW hubby is having dark Noah-thoughts, and on WHICH SIDE of the Ark's door he'd prefer me to be...

• Warlock
    Warlock

C'mon Highlander,

Don't you know that the 1st. century christians thought the end was going to come in their time, so then, how much more so should we be vigilent in these last, last days, of the last, last, last days, which are leading to the "great day of God the Almighty".

Warlock

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    Another thing that I came away with was the realization of how close we are to the end of this system it was brought out that the great tribulation will strike suddenly, without warning, and that we should not allow ourselves to be side tracked by anything, and to keep focused on seeking first the kingdom and drawing close to Jehovah, and if we do that He will make sure we will be able to get through anything.

There's a contradiction here...how does one realize how close we are to the end when it will purportedly come "suddenly". If anything, it should come when they least expect it. When everything is fine & dandy in the world. Give me a break.

• blondie
    blondie

Good point, maryjane.

If anything, it should come when they least expect it. When everything is fine & dandy in the world.

That is one of the WTS teachings, that there will "seem" to be peace and security on the earth and then the end will come.

The WTS is always talking out of both sides of their mouth. Good CYA measure.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , I even remember the last blondie WT review and in it they seemed to waver on two opinions as they also accused the R&F of doing in previous articles . One minute deliverance is at hand and the next they tell everybody not to have unrealistic expectations of it's nearness .... I don't get how anybody can take that stuff seriously . They were trying to bring in some kind of feeling that all dubbies should just be enjoying what they are doing for today . Well what about the sick ones that need the end to cure their illness ? They apparently are wanting it here and now and that's the only reason they believe . I'm sure they aren't enjoying the time spent suffering .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit