A partial email from a j-dub regarding the convention.

by Highlander 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

I can't post all of it and it's not going to be written exactly as I received it cuz I don't want to expose myself. but here it is: Another thing that I came away with was the realization of how close we are to the end of this system it was brought out that the great tribulation will strike suddenly, without warning, and that we should not allow ourselves to be side tracked by anything, and to keep focused on seeking first the kingdom and drawing close to Jehovah, and if we do that He will make sure we will be able to get through anything. Can someone explain to me how they demonstrated that we are close to the end as opposed to how close to the end we were last year, and the year before, and before, and before...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

C'mon Highlander,

Haven't you been paying attention to the news? There's a war on in Iraq and gas is over three dollars a gallon. If that doesn't signal the end of this system then nothing does!!!!

Are you taking no note? Do you want to be swept away or something????

Laud our God, Laud Jehovah God!

W.Once

• Highlander
    Highlander

Laud our God, Laud Jehovah God!

Wanna know what's funny,, as I read that part of your post,, the kingdom melody of that song started playing in my head!

Thanks a lot!

You're right about the 3.00 per gallon gasoline,, Satan is obviously working against our pioneers, forcing them to take longer coffee breaks as the price of gas keeps them off the road.

• zeroday
    zeroday

"Studies in the Scriptures" Volume 2 (1889) The Time is at hand. page 99

"In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished near the end of A.D. 1915."
  • zeroday
    zeroday

ibid: page 101,

"Be not suprised then when in subsequent chapters we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878, and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty" which will end in A.D. 1915, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced. The gathering of the armies is plainly visible from the standpoint of God's Word."

• Highlander
    Highlander

Nice work zeroday. Some day I'm going to put together a folder containing quotes of all those endtimes statements and predictions they've made over the years.

• ann in Texas
    ann in Texas

If you have attended the meetings, you will of heard the scripture 2 Timothy 3: 1-5

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, loves of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, wothout love of goodness,betrayers, head strong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power and from these turn away.

All of these things are becoming more and more visible every day. People are lovers of money. Why else would gas prices be rising? Disobedient to parents - children are committing horrible crimes against their parents. Someone I grew up with killed his mother, whom he was living with, because she flushed his drugs down the toilet. That shows disrespect, bertayers, without love of goodness, lovers of themselves, no natural affection, lover of pleasure, and no love for God. All these things are occuring more and more as time continues. Plus there is the scripture Matthew 24: 7-8.

For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there will be food shoortages and eaerthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

THere are more occurances of natural disasters everywhere. The flooding that is occuring all across the United States. i don't pay attention to the weather in other areas of the world, sorry. THere are more earthquakes occuring. Hurricanes, tornados, tusinamis, etc. There is more violence as time continues.

So when they say the end is coming soon. By prediction, that is true. The bible states so. What is not always stated is the fact that there is no time schedule for the end to be here.

• Highlander
    Highlander

THere are more occurances of natural disasters everywhere. The flooding that is occuring all across the United States. i don't pay attention to the weather in other areas of the world, sorry. THere are more earthquakes occuring. Hurricanes, tornados, tusinamis, etc. There is more violence as time continues.

Can't really agree with that. History shows us that nothing has changed,, Even the many hurricanes we are seeing occurs in cycles. I'm thankful to be living in our time frame

which gives humans the opportunity to live longer than ever before.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    So when they say the end is coming soon. By prediction, that is true. The bible states so. What is not always stated is the fact that there is no time schedule for the end to be here.

Yes you are correct, after 100 years of setting "time schedules" the Watchtower has learned their lesson well. Now it's:

"All of these things are becoming more and more visible every day"

And that "everyday" can stretch out for another 117 years like CT Russell taught.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

The argument that things are worse now than ever before is the banter the Society has published for decades, at what point is it the worst? Was it not bad in the 60s and 70s, Vietnam and sexual revolution was taking place? Was it bad during the roaring 20s when Al Capone gunned people down in the street? Was it not bad during the middle ages when people would be tortured in any number of ways? Natural disasters have always been there for man to deal with. That scripture that talks about all those things could be read at anytime in history and people could relate to its truthfulness, because if something bad is happening to us or something we can see with our own eyes, we of course will think it is worst than people ever had to deal with before. I am sure Witness Katrina victims would be sold on this concept 100%; however, is the New O. disaster the worst flood disaster to affect man, hardly.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit