OMG - Just finished watching "Flight 93' on the History channel !

by AK - Jeff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just brings terror back into one's heart all over again as it was replayed before my eyes.

Anyone else see this movie? I know it was a repeat - but first time for me to see it.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I watched it too...........and now the story of the three that did not get on plane that were supposed to.

I never realised they were on the plane knowing what was going to happen so long before it did.

I would be nuts.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yes I did and I boo hoo'ed like a baby. I rented it when it still was not released for rental. I think blockbuster screwed up. I watched it and it really made me depressed for days.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I couldn't watch it. Too soon. I'm sure it was well done, but I need more time.

Surprises me how painful that day still is.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Tex, I wish I had not watched it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I never realised they were on the plane knowing what was going to happen so long before it did.
    I would be nuts.

Part of that was to make the movie long enough - the whole flight was not too long before the crash, but with the personal stories that overlapped it made it seem like a long time. I can't speak to the timetable though.

I will have this on my mind for a few weeks again after that movie.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

I loved the movie. I think it played all the characters sympathetically, and realistically portrayed what happens when bureacracy goes wrong. As a Canadian, perhaps I was able to watch it with a more objective eye. I did not see the fanatacism as an assault against my country, for instance.

I hear that CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service, our equivalent of FBI/CIA) recently foiled a similar plot boiling north of the border here. But for some lucky investigatives, there go we.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was driving home from taking my daughter to school and heard on the radio........a listener called in and told the DJ's they might want to check it out but she just heard that the Twin Towers had been hit by a plane........

anyway...........I had no TV......(just moved) and was anxious to get to work where they did have one.

I went in..........hurredly...........and asked .....well whats happening.........whats going on now.......I heard about the towers...

my boss said........oh some plane hit the building........

and turned off the TV!!!!

The store was dead the entire day...........two customers.......she would not let anyone go home.

I will never forget her response and mine......that I did not walk out the door.

A few days later, she said I heard you were upset I did not let you go home.........What could you have done?

I said........I could have been home for my daughter coming home for school and comforted her......let her know she was loved and safe.

( I live very close to AFB, and the sound of NO PLANES was so eerie)

I often wonder what my OLD boss thinks about her first response to the bombings were.

purps

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm sorry, but is this a different movie then the one that was in theaters not too long ago?

Yesterday, I saw the commercial for the movie World Trade Center and began crying. I can't watch that stuff being played out by actors. Maybe in 20 years......maybe.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just so you know, there was a lot of horror and sympathy north of the border, too. Someone at work told me the WTC had been hit, and I said "No way!". I searched on the internet, and there it was. I called my daughter. I watched the photos come in with horrified wonder. The most poignant images for me was the girders looming in the great fog of falling dust and debris, like a great twisted cathedral to evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit