How do you stop hating?

by ThomasCovenant 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thomas Covenant,

I hate the Governing Body, I feel they know exactly what their doing at some point and time but continue lying to themselves about how this is God's organization. When I feel really pissed I put it all of on them. The rank and file who follow like ignorant and foolish sheep to their own disaster right over the cliffs. I feel sorry for them that they are so willing to be blinded by a bunch of self-righteous old farts that are running the show. There is nothing that feels so sad as seeing these poor beaten down depressed people still continue to cling to this mirage of a dream that Russell started.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do not want to end up a bitter person.

If you continue to hate them...The only one you hurt is yourself.... Hate distroys... !!! Your body "rots" a little if you carry it to long... First I suggest you pray for them ...They are deluded. Then you pray for yourself....Ask God to help you forgive them. They are more to be pited than blamed...

I am going to start praying for you

Now it better work love. Cos the prayers of the rightous are heard. ___ so work on overcoming it yourself cos I "aint" rightous LOL ((((HUG)))

• Mulan
    Mulan

it takes time

• Gregor
    Gregor

When you let your thoughts take a little trip into hate, you are, in effect, giving the object of your hate control of your brain for that moment. Better to settle it internally once and for all, then when you have a reason to bring it up (like so many of us do here) it is under our control, we are much more effective and it doesn't cost as much rise in blood pressure.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Mulan said it best...It takes time.

I have never said I hated anyone. I hate stupidity, and that exactly what the religion is all about.

Stupidity: for letting someone/religion take over my life, making my life long decisions

Stupidity: for letting someone/religion decide my medical attention and needs

Stupidity: for not asking questions, or seeking the truth for myself

Stupidity: for not going with my intuitions or gut feelings

Stupidity: for allowing yourself to be hurt over and over again

Stupidity: for letting someone tell you its your fault for not screaming as you get raped

Stupidity: thinking your uncle is "ok" because he goes to the meetings and out in service after molesting your cousins

Stupidity: for lying to myself

I don't hate a person. I hate their "Stupidity". Ignorance is keeping us from doing what is right.

Brooke

• bebu
    bebu

I agree with mouthy. Praying for deliverence and mercy for the one(s) you hate helps release the deepest grips of hatred. If you find it hard to pray for that, pray for a change of heart to do so. It is hard to hate a person you are praying for!

bebu

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I can honestly say that I don’t hate any of them, one of my friends is a JW, I don’t know why he is still friends with me, although it proves that there are some good ones out there. I can say that the hate of everything I went through, and 15 years later it’s something that is still inside me but mostly now I feel sorry for them.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Mouthy said it all. Youre just hurting yourself. Forgiving/not holding a grudge/not hating/ someone else is not for their benifit. Its for yours. I can understand someone hating the org, but not the people. We were all once JWs. Many of us shunned others and what have you. I did. I cant understand why anyone would hate JoeBlow Witness. Welcome Worldly Andre!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Read this somewhere:

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit