What is the name of the Holy Spirit?

by moomanchu 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I believe it is GOD...in the beginning THEY were there.GOD- WORD- SPIRIT!

Since I believe I am made in HIS image ( 3 in one) >Body Soul Spirit of which I am > I have a body, I have a soul, I have a spirit>3 in one-I am ONE!!!!!! ( mine dont work together unfortunatly) but THEIRS does. So I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is GOD. Mouthy

It's amazing the truth we receive from the Holy Spirit who is dwelling in all believers when we reject the doctrines of an antichrist.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

love how this has been explained

• Gregor
    Gregor

The original Hebrew for Holy Spirit was "JHMY" in todays English pronounced - "Jimmy"

• parakeet
    parakeet

Orbey Fleener.

• wanderlustguy
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

The expression "Stop in the name of the Law," does not mean the Law has a specific name. Likewise, Matt. 28:19 is not referring to a specific name.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Likewise, Matt. 28:19 is not referring to a specific name.

Kenneson...that is no fun at all. Orbey Fleenor would be an excellent name for the HS. Party pooper.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

The name of the Holy Spirit is "Counselor" according to the New International Version. It is "Helper" according to the New American Standard Bible. It is "Friend" according to the Message Bible. And it is "Intercessor," "Advocate," "Strengthener" and "Standby" according to the Amplified Bible. -- John 14:16.

• mouthy
    mouthy

THE TRINITY!!!!! Frank I know you would like to kick my butt with THAT answer wouldnt you!!!!!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    THE TRINITY!!!!!

Grace,

Question: Is "The Trinity" the name that Jesus gave to the Holy Spirit? (John 14:16) I really don't think so.

At John 14:15 and 16:7 the Greek word is "Paraclete," meaning "one who consoles" (Strong's G3875)

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit