At ground ZERO

by Patriot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know it's hard to find anything good about this, but let's get WW3 over and done with now, and the JW's will have to shut up afterwards in the ensuing peace.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Perhaps, Wiz, you should consider the numerous comments by active JWs such as "I will pray for the brothers and sisters"....not "I will pray for the victims and their families".

How about the ones who have declared that they felt "joy" at the news of the slaughter, and that "people haven't seen anything yet....just wait".

Don't these statements resonate within you? Don't they indicate that something is very wrong when supposedly true Christians express thoughts that show that they consider anyone NOT a JW to be merely refuse and garbage....of no consequence.....not even worthy of a prayer?

It's natural to be MORE concerned about those we know personally. However, that has NOT been the case here. The concern has been centered on one group, and one group only......JWs. The reactions have been no different than those of the Palestinians who were cheering and dancing in the streets. Several posters on WOL declared that they were silently rejoicing at the news and praising Jehovah for the destruction. Then, most of the discussions centered around sales strategies for the literature rather than responding in any meaningful way to the crisis.

This very lack of love was what caused my departure from the ranks of JWs. The joy and excitement exhibited in the face of any tragedy became a sickening stench. Does this not affect you?

A Society that encourages such a lack of "natural affection" and concern for anyone not "us" has a major problem. Individual JWs HAVE broken free of this "us vs them" mentality and have been able to grasp the bigger picture.....some of them have posted on this forum. THEY are the ones who show true brotherly love, and who epitomize Jesus' teachings. I am also fairly confident that they will NOT long remain as JWs.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OK BACK TO THE THREAD!!!!

Thank you Patriot for you help, and insight. I gasped as I turned hte TV on today. Seeing all that ruble and the contruction crews there in the light of day was more then I had prepared myself. And that's just on a TV screen, I can't imagine what it must have been, and continues to be like!!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the men and woman with you!!

For Frank and the rest, please take your fight somewhere else. Here Patriot comes and posts to tell what he's experienceing at the heart of the disaster, and then people who are in the comfort of their own homes, steal the thread and fight, come on take it somewhere else. Let's have some reverance and respect for those who have suffered and those who are helping. Now is SOOOO not the time for bickering!

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

(((Patriot)))

Hugs from a fellow cop's wife. My prayers are with you, both on- and off-duty.

Regards,
    Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• riz
    riz

Damn, speaking of hijacking....

Well said, Ven. This thread is for Patriot and the brave men and women who are risking their lives to save people from yesterday's tragedy.

Go piss up a rope, JW thread hijackers.

Patriot and Co.,

I can't express the measure of respect and admiration that I have for you and your ilk. Yesterday when I was watching the aftermath on t.v. what really struck me was how something like this really brings people together.

When a tragedy like this happens, it always comforts me to see how strangers will band together to help eachother out.

I keep seeing footage of members of the NYPD hugging strangers, and strangers hugging strangers, and it restores my faith in humankind.

You are a hero, Patriot. The police and the firefighters and the doctors and everyone else trying to save lives have my undying respect. Thank you.

riz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit