Comment overheard after the session on Sunday

by AuldSoul 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

On Sunday of the DC I was waiting outside for my wife (because I had no desire to enter). We started toward the car as soon as she exited the building.

As we walked, I overheard one elderly sister saying to another elderly sister, "See? The time is close. If nothing else confirms it this Convention did. You need to have a serious talk with Tim. If he doesn't change soon and decide to come on into the truth the door of the ark will close with him outside. There'll be no help for him then."

I don't know who Tim is, but think on it...how long have these two sisters been convincing themselves that it is close? How much longer will they be willing to do so? Will they ever be able to admit to themselves that they wasted the best part of their entire lives supporting a lie and the liars who tell it?

What will they do when it falls?

I don't say this to discourage efforts at toppling the beast, but we need to remember the real life impacts that such an implosion of the WTS would have on many thousands of people. They are depressed already. Imagine if the basis for their hope is gone, too. Imagine if they lost their Governing Body mediator. Imagine if their leaders are proved false prophets.

In whatever we do, I think we would do well to remember that by far the majority have been deceived and are in for a rude awakening. I will be trying to cushion their fall.

As an aside: How does a Convention confirm the nearness of the end, exactly?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In whatever we do, I think we would do well to remember that by far the majority have been deceived and are in for a rude awakening. I will be trying to cushion their fall.

I don't know how we can cushion their fall.

Especailly if all those pagans in 'Christendom' are right.

• juni
    juni

It's just a bunch of hype.

You figure there's a lot of effort and money spent by a lot of people among which are families w/limited funds. For many this is their vacation. So to make it all worthwhile and not have people go away feeling "disappointed" they have to make heart stopping statements and announcements.

How did you keep busy Auldsoul??

Juni

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    we need to remember the real life impacts that such an implosion of the WTS would have on many thousands of people. They are depressed already. Imagine if the basis for their hope is gone, too.

I think they would be devastated, to say the least. Most people who leave do so after gradually seeing through the deception, and are a lot more prepared for post - jw life. If the wts were to implode in such a way,many of those who have pinned their hopes on it's teachings would be totally unprepared. I doubt any of us can imagine how traumatic such a realisation would be for them. All any of us can do is try to be there for them if and when that happens.

• Odrade
    Odrade

My parents say every year: "That was the BEST, most encouraging convention EVER! They get better every year." I don't know why, but of all the things they say, that one strikes me as the most delusional, because it seems to me the conventions get more infantile every year. :(

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Juni,

I had a nice little vacation this weekend. Met some new people. I had a conversation on Saturday with a nice lady from Mariana, FL who was stuck at the hotel recovering from pleurisy. She had been to the Convention on Friday but needed to rest on Saturday. I hope she will honestly consider the information I gave her (hastily written out with the courtesy hotel pen on the courtesy hotel paper).

I had a book of 621 Sudoku puzzles to keep mentally occupied during down times. I found a $1.50 movie theater that entertained my afternoon on Sunday. I discovered I love horses. I was able to treat my wife like a princess, which she appreciated thoroughly. On Sunday evening, I was waiting for my wife outside the Convention site and got to speak to all my old friends who didn't know they weren't supposed to talk to me. I didn't tell a single one of them that I am DA'd, and no one asked me. As far as I am concerned Governing Body rules only apply to JWs, anyway. I'm not a JW, so it doesn't apply to me. All-in-all, this turned out to be one of the most rewarding weekends I have had in years.

My wife called me down about talking to people. I replied with a sloppy grin, "They aren't supposed to talk to me. I can talk to whomever I want." She winced, but she knew I was right, too. I asked, "Do you really want me to pretend like I care what the organization thinks of me?" She said, "No, I guess not."

Hee-hee! Life is good when a loved one is thinking it through.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Confession
    Confession

AuldSoul,

I was thinking about you over the weekend, and wondering how things went. Thanks for reporting back.

My wife called me down about talking to people. I replied with a sloppy grin, "They aren't supposed to talk to me. I can talk to whomever I want." She winced, but she knew I was right, too. I asked, "Do you really want me to pretend like I care what the organization thinks of me?" She said, "No, I guess not."

This is part of it, huh? The Watchtower Society is an entity that has taken on such importance, that those indoctrinated by them have difficulty understanding why those who aren't don't cower in their wake.

Reminds me of how some will chastise disfellowshipped persons for not allowing their children to see their JW grandparents--when those grandparents will not speak with their own children. To them, their shunning of you is an obviously righteous act, but your not kowtowing to the WTS is stubborn and hurtful.

• delilah
    delilah

As far as I am concerned Governing Body rules only apply to JWs, anyway. I'm not a JW

I love this.....Sounds like you had a thoroughly great time, during the convention.Good for you, Auldsoul.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    You need to have a serious talk with Tim. If he doesn't change soon and decide to come on into the truth the door of the ark will close with him outside. There'll be no help for him then."

OMG....I know who Tim is. He is the guy who started Tim Hortons,The well known coffee and doughnut stop for millions of Dubs.

If Tim doesn't make it is there really any reason for living in the new system

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LMAO @Poztate!

"See? The time is close. If nothing else confirms it this Convention did. You need to have a serious talk with Tim. If he doesn't change soon and decide to come on into the truth the door of the ark will close with him outside. There'll be no help for him then."

Jeeze louise....what a way to mentally push someone over the edge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit