id JWs RIP you OFF in the MARRIAGE Dept.?

by Ms. Whip 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

This thread is neelessly cruel. I am uncomfortable with putting innocent people down about their looks.

Just my thoughts.

Mary

• LDH
    LDH

black/white who cares.

What I find wacky is the number of young fresh girls who marry dried up men.

I only know of one couple where the young man (janitorial service worker) married the older woman (house cleaning pioneer). Classic JW-ism.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"While I am sure the guy in the photo is loving and genuine to his wife..."

Diamond Blue, why are you so sure???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

About the photo: where is her big, genuine, happy smile? Probably down the toilet with any hopes of being treated as an equal and adult human being.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

I see nothing wrong with the couple in the picture.

I have heard of young female witnesses being pushed to get married. This I do not approve of.

I have also heard a few say they married to young.

I am also apposed to strict shaperone dating because you need to spend time with someone you are going marry to get to know them. If you can only see them once a week for a milkshake with your parents that isn't going to happen.

• elliej
    elliej

My husbands uncle did just the opposite and tried to encourage his sons NOT to get married, better to wait until the new system and bag one of those beautiful old testament virgins. None of the sisters in our hall were good enough I guess.

• Berean
    Berean

Ms. Whip

You posted:
    This photo (taken from a JW group on AOL) is quite typical of JW marriage matches. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are great people as far as JWs go. But, it made me think. How many people had to settle for "less than perfect" marriage mates because they were a Jehovah's Witness? From my vantage point, beautiful vivacious girls outnumbered handsome guys by 10:1 and probably much higher.

Ms. Whip, what are you trying to say? I saw two people simply in love and marrying each other.

Where do you get your statistics from? My job deals with statistical analysis, so I am very interested in your sources.

Are you trying to say the black girl married a white boy, or the white boy married a black girl? What exactly is your point? I have to wonder which way you feel. Which one is settling for something “less” than what they should? I feel from your post that you think the girl married someone she had to settle for “less than perfect.” Is that right? Who should she have married? A black person? A handsome white, or black, man? Should he have looked for someone better looking since there are so many “beautiful vivacious girls” available?

If someone marries another person they do not love ... it is their fault. People need to stop blaming someone else for their problems.

I see two beautiful people in love married to each other. Skin color does not matter, looks do not matter, and weight does not matter. If two people love each other … then I am happy for them.

May these two have a happy marriage (without someone else demeaning either of them).

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Nah, I was lucky. She might think she was ripped off if she eventually leaves the organization, but I certainly don't think I was ripped off. On the scale of looks, I don't know where I rank. But then, I don't really care either.

I know my wife is beautiful to me. But you can decide for yourselves who got the better end of the deal. Here is a picture taken the day we got out first addition to our family.

alt

Huh? Oh, I would NEVER doctor a photo in Photoshop. Perish the thought! My face really is squished like that...what? You don't believe me?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's just a fact that if you are hornswaggled by the WTBTS, that you don't find many people to choose from in the dating pool. You don't have lots of people to date in order to find a person you are well suited for and that is well suited for you. If you want to have a complete love life and to stay in good standing, you have to marry. Marriage among the jw's is generally a disaster waiting to happen. There are the exceptions, but generally, jw marriages are doomed to unhappiness.

Why do you all assume Ms. Whip is referring to the way the couple looks or their races? Might she be referring to the fact that the woman looks less than happy and the man is the only one smiling? Take a good look at her face. She does NOT look to be filled with marital bliss.

• karen96
    karen96

I married the nerdy MS in my cong, and I can truthfully say while I had doubts about our age difference (12 years), I did love him for a time. But am I glad I left him.

On the other hand, what influenced me to actually leave him was seeing so many other couples in our cong who stayed married for the sake of the org or their standing. They did not sleep in the same bedroom, came to meeting is separate cars, had separate social lives and vacations, while waiting to see who would succumb first to adultery so they could divorce them. I was not going to do that. Being alone and lonely is one thing, being married and lonely is another.

karen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit