How Do You Feel About Life & Yourself Now That You're Out?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• happy1975
    happy1975

Only about a zillion times better than I did before.

Happy

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I FEEL GREAT! Actually, I have never felt better - even thought I am not "out" of the borg... I am however, mentally "checked out" of the borg and I don't ever wanna go back.

• minimus
    minimus

Bill, I'm glad you're feeling better!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I feel good.

na na na na na na na

the way that i should.

• Emma
    Emma

I cannot even begin to describe how much better I feel mentally, physically, emotionally. Doesn't mean life's perfect but a lot better out of the borg.

• mia_b
    mia_b

Hmm - think that still too soon for me. I don't get suicidal anymore and i have a husband who loves me so much. he tells me everyday. i feel so much happier in myself. i don't think of myself as a bad person as much anymore,

i still get very sad about my friends and family who knew that i'd been abused and stumbled and who still dont talk to me (im not df'd) - not one person rang to give comfort and encouragement when my nan died in mar 2005, except my lovely mom of course.

i miss my friends, i find it so hard to make new ones.

i feel i'm on the road to recovery though. the glass is half full, i'm slowly making new friends.

i don't want a huge chip on my shoulder about the dubs but i've got one and i'd like to get rid of it.

• mia_b
    mia_b

Hmm - think that still too soon for me. I don't get suicidal anymore and i have a husband who loves me so much. he tells me everyday. i feel so much happier in myself. i don't think of myself as a bad person as much anymore,

i still get very sad about my friends and family who knew that i'd been abused and stumbled and who still dont talk to me (im not df'd) - not one person rang to give comfort and encouragement when my nan died in mar 2005, except my lovely mom of course.

i miss my friends, i find it so hard to make new ones.

i feel i'm on the road to recovery though. the glass is half full, i'm slowly making new friends.

i don't want a huge chip on my shoulder about the dubs but i've got one and i'd like to get rid of it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I feel great! I feel happy.

It is still a struggle because I am just surrounded by them. And honestly, (I almost started a topic on this), I just don't get it...everyone, for the most part is still continuing on. I talked with a good JW friend yesterday, and she went on and on about the great talk they had Sunday from a visiting brother...all about the struggle of "serving Jehovah" and how they had an excellent WTstudy. That still bugs me, that they are still caught up with the emotional pull of that, even while they do nothing but complain about the literature and meeting content, and assemblies, don't even start. Actually, they complain about everything.

But now being out over 5 years, I think I love everything about life more that ever before. I love people more because I don't have to judge them like I did as a JW. So that in and of itself makes me so much happier.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I feel wonderful! After reading a book that LadyLee mentioned, Toxic Parents, I have worked through a lot of emotional garbage the last few months, and it is really funny how much I can relate my emotionally abusive dad to the JW religion. What they both had in common is that they both tore down my self-esteem to nothing.

I cut off ties with my nutty JW sister even though I feel bad about hurting her, I couldn't pretend around her anymore or walk on eggshells around her anymore. I got tired of not being able to talk about holidays around her, my new church that I love, and being careful not to swear or talk about the latest R rated movie I've seen. I believe because she is still so enmeshed in the JW way of life, that she could not even fathom that I don't think like that anymore--so I'm sure my letter shocked her but it felt good to stand up for myself and how I feel.

I used to feel panicky when I would see old JW friends I used to know, now I just feel sorry for them that they're planning their whole life around the BIG A. I think about some of the people I used to know that were putting off children until the New System because it was SO close, and now they are too old to have them. What a sad way to live--makes me even gladder that I don't live that way anymore. I live for now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit