New guy from Toronto

by Martyn 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I pioneered in Downsview...about 30+ years ago. I'm sure you'de know the family name. PM me if you want to talk.

Stealth453

• Martyn
    Martyn

Thank you for the warm welcome,

I was a member of Applewood congregation in Mississauga, and another one in the same hall I can't remeber the

name. My brother became a member first and then I got intrested. I quickly took all the doctrine since I didn't have

anything in place. If they said there was no hell that was fine with me...I didn't care about that sort of stuff, with AIDS

really hitting it made perfect sense not to use blood products at the time.

At about two years in I started to realize that it wasn't the perfect world with the perfect people. I liked all the dinner

parties and community and I just sort of slowly drifted away. I had made a few friends and I really felt for some of the

family people since they were so tied up in all the bull XXXX.

I was trying to make a living and do other things and all the time studing and meeting, service ....it was imposible to

have a real life, which I guess is the whole idea.

I would have been 24 at baptism and studied for a year or so before that, so I was the right age for this sort of mind control.

My childhood home was sort of broken up with lots of problems so I guess I was ripe for the net.

Thanks again for the hellos. Marty

• Brigid
    Brigid

Marty, A warm and hearty welcome to you! I know you'll love it here. It's good to "meet you" Keep posting and reading. ~Brigid

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi marty, and welcome to the board

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Welcome Martyn! I was in Renforth, Yorkview, and Royal York congs. Lots of Toronto people on this board.

W

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome, Marty..........join the mismatched, but very cheerful group here!!

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome Marty.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome from another newly enlightened newbie.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome Marty!

There are a lot of you in Toronto/Ontario.

Dams (lonely in NS)

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome Martyn from another Ontarioan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit