Big news!!! Our deliverance is at hand!!!

by Justice-One 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

From time to time I humor the wife and go with her to the Hall. I was raised in "the truth" but quit believing more than ten years ago. But this morning I was "shocked" to hear that "Our Deliverance Is At Hand!!!" We should not be wasting any of our time on education or other worldly pursuits, because "the end" is so close now you could reach out and touch it with your tongue.

It was also interesting to be reminded that we should obey the Elders. Even though they are not inspired, they are being "used by Jehovah" as "priests among men."....just like Moses. Hmmm, sounds inspired to me.

Also I learned for the first time today that the "scrolls" that will be opened in the new system, will most likely be printed for us just like the Bible. We will then have to study them, and have meetings, just like we do today...with the Elders leading the way.

I tell you what...one of these days I'm going to just puke all over the place....hopefully on the nearest Elder.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Then Why 85 Jay Street? steve

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

You know what made me wanna puke was some years ago when after a Watchtower study the elders decided they were all 'glorious ones'. Seriously.... They loved it and for months afterwards in talks kept referring to the body of elders as the glorious ones of the congregation. That's humble isn't it!

Also heard something very similar about the new scrolls myself.

• JH
    JH

Imagine a new scroll with my name in it or minimus or satanus or blondie, and comparing us to the debil.

I don't think that by having more meetings and much of the same elder as* kissing in the new system is synonymous of deliverance.

• JH
    JH
    elders decided they were all 'glorious ones'

Yeah, I remember that, as well as they were also called, "stars in the hand of Jesus" in Revelation.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Nothing you said it anything I did not hear a million times growing up and I have not been an active Witness in nearly a decade. I love that whole thing about the scrolls though, as you know that is just someone pulling information out of their ass and yet you know that is the little bread crumb that will feed the mind of the Witness into thinking "new information."

• blondie
    blondie

names for elders

princes

glorious ones

chieftains

sheiks

mighty men

OVERseers (not servants any more)

w99 3/1 p. 16 par. 15 "The Temple" and "the Chieftain" Today ***

Such faithful anointed elders have been training the developing chieftain class for decades, preparing prospective members of this class for the day when they will be delegated their full measure of authority in God’s new world to come.

And the scrolls...........are they inspired like the Bible............if so how will they be transmitted?

bh pp. 214-215 Judgment Day—What Is It? ***

The scrolls must therefore represent God’s further requirements. To live forever, both Armageddon survivors and resurrected ones will have to obey God’s commandments, including whatever new requirements Jehovah might reveal during the thousand years.

w99 3/1 p. 22 par. 18 Jehovah’s Blessing on Our "Land" ***

. Revelation 20:12 foretells that "scrolls" will be opened in those days, providing additional light of understanding from which the resurrected ones will benefit.

w99 11/1 p. 19 par. 19 Benefits From Loving God’s Word ***

During that time, perfect direction will flow to earth’s inhabitants from the Sovereign Lord, Jehovah, through his exalted Son, Jesus Christ. ‘Scrolls will be opened,’ revealing Jehovah’s instructions for new world living.—Revelation 20:12.

w95 4/15 p. 23 par. 13 The Day That ‘Burns Like a Furnace’ ***

Armageddon survivors will no doubt be provided with further instructions based on this, and these may well be written in "the scrolls" of Revelation 20:12 that will be opened at the time of the resurrection.

*** w92 5/15 p. 20 par. 23 True Happiness in Serving Jehovah ***

In God’s coming system of things, "scrolls" will be opened. (Revelation 20:12) These will contain exciting new commandments and regulations contributing to the happiness of obedient humankind.

*** w89 6/15 p. 27 "Before Glory There Is Humility" ***

The heavenly government under Jesus Christ will have earthly representatives who will apply the instruction written in the scrolls referred to at Revelation 20:12. Such ones will have glorious privileges, not as kings, but "as princes in all the earth,"

*** w85 6/15 p. 18 par. 21 Sustaining Ourselves on the Fulfillment of Jehovah’s Utterances ***

During this thousand-year judgment period, Jehovah evidently will give additional instructions, unknown to us at present, as new "scrolls" are opened. (Revelation 20:12)

*** w85 7/1 p. 22 par. 18 Jehovah’s Goodness in "the Final Part of the Days" ***

The "scrolls" to be opened during Jesus’ Thousand Year Reign will no doubt contain rules that will benefit mankind.

*** w83 11/15 p. 7 Life in Paradise—Will It Be Boring? ***

Doubtless Jehovah will reveal new instructions suited to mankind’s changed circumstances. The people will then be judged by the laws and instructions in the "scrolls" opened during Christ’s Millennial Reign.—Revelation 20:12.

*** pe chap. 21 p. 181 par. 17 Judgment Day and Afterward ***

What are the "scrolls" that are opened from which "the dead" as well as "the living" are judged? Evidently they will be something in addition to our present Holy Bible. They are inspired writings or books that contain Jehovah’s laws and instructions. By reading these all people on earth will be able to know God’s will. Then, on the basis of the laws and instructions in these "scrolls," everyone on earth will be judged.

*** re chap. 41 p. 298 par. 14 God’s Day of Judgment—Its Joyful Outcome! ***

However, John has just mentioned other scrolls that will be opened during the Millennial Reign. (Revelation 20:12) What will these be? At times, Jehovah has given specific instructions for particular situations. For example, in Moses’ day he provided a detailed series of laws that meant life for the Israelites if they obeyed. (Deuteronomy 4:40; 32:45-47) During the first century, new instructions were given to help faithful ones to follow Jehovah’s principles under the Christian system of things. (Matthew 28:19, 20; John 13:34; 15:9, 10)

Evidently, then, the opening of these scrolls will publish Jehovah’s detailed requirements for mankind during the thousand years. By applying in their lives the regulations and commandments of those scrolls, obedient humans will be able to lengthen their days, attaining finally to everlasting life.
  • Justice-One
    Justice-One

Boy oh boy, they sure do love the words and phrases... no doubt, may well be, evidently and doubtless don't they? But you can be sure that the mind numbed atomaton's do not SEE those words, or other ways the couch their terms in legalesse.

Notice how it works in the following sentence....

" Armageddon survivors will no doubt be provided with further instructions based on this, and these may well be written in "the scrolls" of Revelation 20:12 that will be opened at the time of the resurrection."

You can be sure the way they want you to hear this in your mind is without the words in red.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Ahhhh man!!!!!

Does this mean I have to quit my job again, sell my house again, and move to some country craphole to serve where the greed is greater, again?

I hope its not another 31 years til the next declaration of the end.

• geevee
    geevee

Kind of like Rutherford saying in the Harp of God....These are not man's dates but GODS!!!!! Yes the end came then too.....mustve missed it, been asleep, blinked or WHATEVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit