When John 13:35 pricks a Dub's conscience...

by Inquisitor 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

My wife just gave me a glimmer of hope. She just opened up to me about how there are no true friends to be found in the Kingdom Hall, asked me, how do we call these people friends? What friends? No one is there to help when you are in need, many friends are two faced etc. I am so happy she has realized this.

Many have said here on this board that the key to waking up a female JW is more from an emotional standpoint, than just using logic and facts. That said, this could be an opening I need. I said How can we expect these people to give up their lives for each other when they dont even have anything to do with each other now?

I said since John 13:35 shows how to Identify Christs Disciples, its sad to see how few fit this description, and how all we can do is our best to show love, and help others.

Any Ideas on how I can further use her opening up to me about this to help her see TTATT? Any advice is appreciated.

• Splash
    Splash

BU2B,

Staying with the topic of love, you could always discuss the 'faith without works' verses with her (Ja 2:14)

The WT version is all about the ministry, the Bible version is all about helping one another in charitable ways. A big difference!

Read it together with her in context - that will be a new experience to her on it's own - James 2:1 - 20.

Knowing what the bible really says about this, now you can ask her how the WT demonstrates its' works to the poor by using its millions and billions of $$$, or even within your local congregation.

The question from verse 20 remains:

" But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive?"

Splash

• Giordano
    Giordano

I have always firmly believed that the coldness and lack of love started right at the beginning with Russell who bought his religion into being with his millions. But with Rutherford you really saw how nasty things got, Knorr continued, you can still feel the chill at Bethel. Then the GB acted and thought just the way all of the 'heavies' acted and thought.

So a review of the history of the WT leadership and how the led might explain why the love was a myth from Day One.

• Ding
    Ding
    Any Ideas on how I can further use her opening up to me about this to help her see TTATT? Any advice is appreciated.

Keep HER talking about it.

When she makes a statement about people being two-faced, not real friends, etc., encourage her to elaborate -- what exactly happened that triggered her comment, how did that make her feel, etc. If it bothered her, you can tell her that you had the same reaction.

If you see something together and your wife doesn't bring it up privately, you might say something like, "Boy, sounds like Sister X is really upset with Sister Y about something that happened in service. I wonder what THAT'S all about."

Let your wife express herself.

That's more effective than you bashing the organization.

Encourage her to face reality rather than suppressing it because it doesn't fit the spiritual paradise paradigm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit