I am now confronting my molester.. PLEASE HELP ME NOW

by Country Girl 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Legal representation. File suit, have him served notice of that very quickly. Right now you know where he is and that gives you the power. Allow someone else to deal with his denial . You have shown him that you mean business. Please do not be happy with an apology... take him off the street and protect other innocents. Our children deserve that from us.

You are in my thoughts and please know that I have great respect for you. Stay strong and keep us posted.

cab

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Country Girl,

File the lawsuit. Stop posting details for a while, because anything you have written, or is in public domain, his lawyer will have a right to a copy. Everything you have said and written can and will be twisted against you. But, keep us posted as to the general status and especially if you need support.

Jim Whitney

• damselfly
    damselfly

This is from the Silent lambs website at the bottom of the "assistance" page. I hope it helps you.

<<562-986-5862
    This is the office of Silvia Sellars who heads a leading organization regarding assistance on child molestation issues. They can help on why and how to report child molestation as well as assist in where to go for help.>>

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

CG, TALK TO A LAWYER BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!!! Call Kimberly Norris (Love & Norris). Before you file suit you have to make sure you have enough evidence to present that will hold up in court. This doesn't mean that it didn't happen or you are wrong, you just have to be able to prove by "preponderance of evidence." It will also mean reliving the whole thing over and over again in front of the court and jury.

I am so proud of you for confronting your abuser! That took GUTS. Brava!!!

Hugs,

Nina (oops, forgot to log off Big Tex!)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Hey CG.. just a big hug.. i have no advice but an observation that you are at a point in your life that you NEED to do something.. just be careful and do it smartly! lots of good advice above.

• troucul
    troucul

If someone touched my daughter....I'd be in jail

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi love, I'll misquote jgnat here: you can get a lot of opinion and support from us, but we can't give you legal advice... for that you'll need a lawyer.

I hope you're okay.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

CG,

I love you and miss you, but take the others advice and get a lawyer.

And please take care of yourself first.

Love

NPY

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

You might want to try getting a confession the same way I did with the man who molested a friend of mine when she was a little girl.

He remembered just fine after the fourth or fifth shock from the generator I hooked up to his junk.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hi everyone. I appreciate the sound advice, and will definitely utilize it! When I made the phone call, I dialed several times and hung up before I finally just took a deep breath and dove in. I'm glad I did it, it gave me a personal sense of satisfaction that I had at least confronted the horror, and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought. Amazing how frightened you are of something as a child, and when you get to be an adult you realize that it really wasn't all that big or scary in real life, and you somehow feel more brave. The monster in my mind all these years is now a meek little mouse that squeaks.

Thank you again, all, for your kind words and direction. I decided to go slow on this. When I initially did it, I was hyped up: angry and anxious. Now, I just feel somewhat relieved. He wasn't a mean man, and he wasn't an angry man. Seemed more like someone who is insecure and cowardly. However, like with all things, sometimes there is a wolf in sheep's clothing. This may even be the end of it... really, the confrontation was just what I felt I had to do these 40 years, and that's now been done.

Wishing you *all* the best,

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit