The Field Service Numbers Don't Add Up

by Warlock 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I took these figures out of the 2006 Yearbook:

Total # of hours in Field Service: 1,278,201,985

Total # of PEAK Publishers: 6,613,829

According to my calculations this equals 193.2 hours in Field Service PER PUBLISHER, which includes Pioneers, Special Pioneers etc.

No one in our Cong. averages even close to 100 hours, let alone 193.2. Can someone please explain this? Are my calculations wrong?

Warlock

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think you forgot to divide the 193 hours by 12 months, which would bring the monthly average to about 16 hours.

I'm sure most of the hours are fake though. At least half of the time is spent in donut shops.

W

• blondie
    blondie

Oh yes, divide by 12......

I have a worksheet which factors out the auxiliary/regular pioneer hours....publisher hours are about 7.6 currently. Naughty, naughty, they are below the national average.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock

Finally,

Blondie,

Thank you both. I was never good in math................ but I did learn fractions in the stock market.

Then they changed it and I didn't feel special anymore. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Warlock

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Warlock,

Your own comment solves the problem. You state that the total hours include the Pioneers and Special Pioneers. The large amount of Pioneer hours is hurting your results. You need to take the total number of Pioneers and their total hours out, then divide what is left by the number of Publishers. The result will be about 7 to 8 hours per month per Publisher. This has been the case for many decades.

Jim Whitney

PS: Don't forget to do what Finally-Free said, and divide these annual numbers by 12.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Even if you are thinking about going out in service they count that as time.

Blueblades

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Even if you are thinking about going out in service they count that as time.

If I woke up early for the purpose of going out in serviceā„¢ I started counting my time when my alarm went off. I also counted time I spent in restaurants, donut shops, and even bars if I happened to go out drinking after serviceā„¢, provided I was still wearing my suit and tie.

I wish there was a way to measure the amount of time they actually spend preaching and compare it to what is reported. I'd also be interested to see what the effect on the restaurant industry would be if the Watchtower suddenly went out of business. It might result in a coffee and donut surplus, and maybe even drive prices down for coffee and donuts.

W

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's right the average is 16 hours per month and when we consider missionaries and pioneers that average may be within reasonable limits, but surely a lot of the reported time is not real and there is no way for checking it out.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Are they still accepting time in increments of 15 minutes? More people can show up on the radar now as "publishers" even though they are minimalists and still stay "active". Jehovah who never changes is LOWERING HIS STANDARDS apparnelty.

• whatlite?
    whatlite?

I was just thinking about all the times I met in service. Even all week long you saw the SAME people, in the SAME car groups. On average, in our 120 publisher congregation, there were about 8-10 people in service for the day. The SAME people. How could all those other people that NEVER met for service be getting an average of 9-10 hours a month?

The numbers are made up!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit