About the JW's Practices and Beliefs

by kwr 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

I still can't figure out why the JW's are so hostile to their fellow Christians. I was reading a old Yearbook and the writer put "christian" in quotes when talking about meeting a follower of a different Church.

Their actions and doctrine show hate of others and not love.

Also in Romans 13 Paul instruct believers to show respect and honor to all rulers and governments, but they won't show respect to a national flag.

In Rev 7 the 144,000 are all from the twelve tribes of Israel. How did the Founders come to the conclusion that JW's would become the 144,000?

Can anyone point me to a good web site that explains the WTS theology and how it came about?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Their actions and doctrine show hate of others and not love.

They hate the truth, simple as that - they would never admit it of course, but everything that they practice in relation to condemning all other sources of information reflects it. They love their lie, deeply.

How did the Founders come to the conclusion that JW's would become the 144,000?

Naturally to outsiders it is a bizarre pretence, and one could probably (literally) find 144000 beautiful innocent and suffering children who adore and worship God, virgins who have not lied, but nevertheless, a grandiose lie requires grandiose themes.

The lie is sacred, it is who they are, and if you don't believe the lie you threaten their very identity, and what they have worked for - they don't get what they want, they are wrong and were wrong, and they have nowhere to go, they are nothing (so they believe); they don't even get to live with Pandas, or have your house. Indeed, you become the enemy moreso than those who would steal or beat them up, or even rape their children. They don't care if black is white as long as the lie is sustained over that which would expose it or make spoil of it.

WTS theology and how it came about?

A spell was cast on someone who lied and would not retract it..........

There was a man who sought a treasure, and he believed that the way to the treasure lay in the mysterious and powerful ancient writing, as many believed this. In arrogance he thought of himself more as worthy than others who gazed into the ancient writing. So he looked at the ancient writing, and not seeing, he made his own stories up, and he looked at the ancient writing and not, seeing he made his own stories up, and he looked at the ancient writing not seeing he made his own stories up! And then he believed he had found the treasure, but he had not.

And that's how it came about.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can't think of one single web site that explains it all, but there are several.

www.freeminds.org is one.

I have some historical stuff on mine--not comprehensive, but it does give you a glimpse into how their history affects them today. www.jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm: Go there and then open up some of the brochures (medical myths, are jws rational, do origins matter, etc.). You will see how superstitious they were (are) and how great a superiority complex they had (have). Although they've softened up over the years, these attributes linger and are obvious in the org today.

• poppers
    poppers

Paduan, I like how you put things.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

2003_learn_from_great_teacher_p243.jpg

Picture tells a thousand words

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Jesus Chris, God's chosen King, will destroy this world at Armageddon.

Seems odd that a king would destroy his own kingdom.

• kwr
    kwr

I wonder when the King destroys the Earthly Kingdom if he will play a fiddle? Some theologians believe that John in Revelation is actually writing about Nero. He was the first Roman god to persecute the Christians. I found it odd that Jesus would have a person write seven insulting letters to his Churches rather then to encourage them as Paul did.

• Adonais Child
    Adonais Child

" I wonder when the King destroys the Earthly Kingdom"

Jesus in His return will destroy the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet then setup His kingdom on this earth. After the white throne judgment God will destroy all by fire to purify the earth from the curse.

"I still can't figure out why the JW's are so hostile to their fellow Christians"

I follow my Lord Christ and profess to be a Christian. I do not necessarily adhere to a denomination but from my study of the JW's, not ever having being one. The Jesus that they follow is a false christ. Therefore JW's are not christians. If they read their bible to see what Jesus is about and who He is they would spot the false teaching and outright heresy that is proclaimed in the kingdom halls.

I had a friend whose wife was a JW and he was taking classes to become a JW. His wife cheated on him with an elder of the Hall. She was told if she came and repented all would be forgiven. She did this, her ex-husband went with her as a character witness for "her". She was DF and the elder was moved to another town. Her father being an elder could no longer associate with her. He bought a travel agency and gave it to her just so he could have some kind of contact with her, him being part owner. If any JW's knock on my door I ask them about this and the usual response is I don't know anything about it. But they were in the congregation. How many are in the congregation of anything and something like this happens and you didn't hear about it, yeah right. Jesus forgave Peter for denying Him not once but 3 times, this woman repented and got condemnation. JWs do not follow the Jesus I know and the Jesus I read about in the bible.

"found it odd that Jesus would have a person write seven insulting letters to his Churches rather then to encourage them as Paul did"

The seven letters to the churches, except for one which had no chastisement in it, were for reprove the churches for their failures, just like you chastise a child to correct their behavior. It was an insult to Jesus to have to say anything to them when they already knew what they were supposed to be doing.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    "I still can't figure out why the JW's are so hostile to their fellow Christians"
    The Jesus that they follow is a false christ. Therefore JW's are not christians.

Well, you have it. That's exactly what they think of other "professed Christians".

• kwr
    kwr

I don't believe because you are a JW, SDA, Catholic or Jewish that you will die and not be resurrected because of your doctrine. Those who call upon the Lord shall be saved. If you believe in YHWH and follow his commandments you will be resurrected. IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit