Hello...

by gymbob 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

welcome gymbob

I know what you mean about it feeling like two saturdays great isnt it?

I'm just sorry it has to come at a price, what made you leave?

welcome gymbob

I

• QueenBee
    QueenBee

Welcome gymbob!!!! Glad to have you here and posting with the rest of the "pagans". Seems like I am seeing a lot of newbies this week and last. Yay!

Bee

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Warmest welcome to you, Gymbob..

Yes, transitioning from 'prison' (the Org) to the 'real world' is not without its hurdles (I honestly thought it was just a matter of reading books like C of C & instantly becoming a 'changed person'...right), but it helps enormously to know that we are not alone in that struggle..

Definitely write a book about your experiences--I would love to read it!!! I have begun a sort of 'life story' (of which the JW legacy is undoubtedly a major part) at the suggestion of my therapist. Not something I would ever consider publishing , but just the act of getting things out on paper is beneficial in itself..

My very best wishes to you, & please come back often.

DesertRat

• Jourles
    Jourles

Howdy from MI!

jourles, ex-native of SoCal.

• gymbob
    gymbob

"What made you leave?"

Too many "red flags" over the years just piling up I suppose....in 81' I couldn't have a mustache, in 91' it was the beard I wanted, not big things, but STUPID things that made no sense. Then in the late 90's it was school sports. Both of our kids wanted to skip P.E. classes and get the necessary school credits playing after school Volleyball and Cross-country running. The Bof E made a big deal out of it in the cong. and took our "privledges" away. There were 3 family's involved.

After a couple of years of being treated like crap, we changed congregations to where we'd hoped the elders would be friendly to us. We really all just wanted to be left alone to worship Jehovah, but it made no difference.

About 2001 the JW wife of a ex-jw buddy of mine (Startingover) asked me to talk to him about getting back in "The Truth". I told her, "What he needs is some elders to talk to him", and she said, "NO ELDERS!" (She knew what happens when THAT circus comes to town!) So I went over to his place and started what you all know jw's do, and he asked me some questions i'd NEVER heard before...stuff about 607, the REAL history of the organization, etc.(gotta watch those tricky apostates!). Then when I found out about society being a NGO at the UN, I wrote the headquarters. The reply was, well...surprizing.

I called in sick for a week or so, got online when the family left for the hall, and started researching. It didn't take long before I was in shock....the more I read, the worse it got.

I'll never forget that moment (most of you here know it) when it hits you right between the eyes....I'M IN A CULT.

The family started shunning me as soon as I quit going to the meeting, the ex-wife reported to the elders that I was looking at apostate websites and the elders came a' knockin'! (I swear, any guy who wants to be a elder these days needs to get his head examined, or is on a power trip!) They said they had been "investigating" me and had formed a commitee.

That's a game I decided i'm NOT going to play. I DA'd myself, and the wife of 23 years moved out.

I think we're both happier now............I know I am! Gymbob

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Welcome to the forum gymbob!

It's good to hear that you're a happier person now even though the cult took your family.

Thanks for sharing, and here's to your continued happiness!

• Quandry
    Quandry

When you wrote to the Society about the United Nations N.G.O. thing---what was the surprising answer you received? It is my understanding that anytime a letter is written to the Society they send a copy of it to the P.O. of your Congregation. That is what may have started their "inquiring minds."

• startingover
    startingover

I am really glad you finally started posting here you big lug. As far as I know, we are the only 2 apostates in town.

And even though it is really my wife's fault that Gymbob's marriage failed, you would not believe how she will not admit it, and it's also hard for me to understand how a normally very caring person can hate someone so much, but in his case she does.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board Gymbob!

• gymbob
    gymbob

Desertrat: C of C made a big impact on me as well. When Startingover first showed it to me I didn't want to TOUCH IT! (you know...fingerprints) I was such a dope......

Quandry: The reply I got from Brooklyn about the UN scandel was just the standard form letter explaining the Library card excuse. I just could not believe they could REALLY join the UN for ANY reason what-so-ever, and then just admit to it like it was no big deal. When I showed the letter to my wife (then), she took it over to one of the elders homes to see what he had to say.......the elder said it was from apostates since they would NEVER respond to someone who was DA'd (I wasn't just yet at the time I wrote them) and that even if they did join the UN there would be nothing wrong with that, something like a contractor joining a union. (?)

That particular buckaroo elder has caused more problems in my family and his own his cong. than is imaginable. He was a real sheperd alright! You know why sheperds take care of sheep? It isn't because they just love the sheep....it's for the FLEECE! And when there's nothing left to fleece, they'll eat you! BWAH HA HA!! GYMBB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit