My 2-Year Anniversary on JWD...

by Confession 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

If you go back to my first post ever, June 29, 2004, you'll see I was a bit skittish here at first. I was still in the process of researching the subject of Christian confession, and--since I was then disfellowshipped in part for making known my views on this subject--I had no one else to talk to about it. So I came in here, asking for comments "on this--and ONLY this subject." LOL? Guess I was scared to get too deep into things with "apostates."

In truth, it took about three months for me to finally decide the Watchtower Society wasn't what I'd always thought it was, and you'll notice I didn't contribute again for many months after that.

It's been a long, strange trip, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And although I certainly don't always agree with certain perspectives shared among this group, all in all I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of folks to learn from and share with.

Thanks for everything!

Confession

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Congratulations!

12 days until 5 years on JWD but who's counting?

• sandy
    sandy

Congrats!!! You've officially joined the "Dark Side"

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one! Congratulations... especially for opening your mind to alternative viewpoints, one of the hardest things we had to do. Actually yeah I think it only took a month or two on here before I knew on some level that I wasn't going back. I played the game for a little while longer, but finally just couldn't bear the meetings any more. But the total turnaround time was really only just over a year, so I didn't lose too much hey? I'm so grateful for everybody here, for being the safety net when I fell.

• Confession
    Confession
    I played the game for a little while longer, but finally just couldn't bear the meetings any more.

I remember this time too, Sass. It was while I was disfellowshipped that I figured it all out, but eventually I decided to play their game and get reinstated, so I continued to attend meetings. Some of the things that just made me cringe...

-The bookstudy conductor talking about those in "Christendom's" religions who were just pawns of their religious authorities. He still wanted to attribute blame to them though, because..."You can't just be blown like the wind by your religion. At some point you just have to stand up!" (Hooboy! Clueless to the reality of his own situation. Had to bite my lip.)

-Listening to the resident holier-than-thou Pharisee elder talk about the Bible's line of headship. He referred to 1 Corinthians 11:3, but then went on to identify just what that line was.

"You see first there is Jehovah God. Then there is Christ Jesus. Then we have Christ's brothers. Then the man, and then the woman."

Now let's just make a comparison to his words and the actual scripture...

3 But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.

See anything about "Christ's brothers" in there? I wanted to openly pshaw and walk out, but again held it together.

Having been a zealous JW for most all of my life, it was so incredibly weird to feel what I was feeling at those meetings. And I didn't have anyone to talk to. An unforgettable experience, but helpful in coming to the realization that I could not continue with these meetings.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thank you, Confession, for your posts on this forum. You have helped so many, including me, to be confident in the decision to say adios! to what came before. I have also benefitted from our phone conversations.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Happy Anniversary!!

Unfortunately, I don't remember your specific opening posts but now yours are amongst the ones I almost always look at. Very informative and well thoughout.

I'm so glad you are a part of this board and happy to have met you, too...!

Congrats on forging your way to the life that you want to live.

-Denise.

• Confession
    Confession

Thanks so much AuldSoul and AudeSapere. Always good to know your contributions are appreciated. AudeSapere and Sandy, I look forward to seeing you two (and anyone else who comes) tomorrow evening!

• mouthy
    mouthy

It's been a long, strange trip, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And although I certainly don't always agree with certain perspectives shared among this group, all in all I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of folks to learn from and share with.

Thanks for everything!

Confession

Congratulations All I can say I have enjoyed your input & thanks for coming here ,,,,Did you send your time in to Bethel NO!!!!! Well it might turn a few head if you did. Tell them on the forbidden internet with those wicked apostates ((((HUG)))

• daystar
    daystar

Cool! It's amazing to see people change here over time.

My 1-yr ann. on JWD was last week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit