Armageddon Is Near Over the Years

by blondie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** w00 3/1 p. 22 Keeping Life Simple to Serve Jehovah ***

Since things were now going well at home and I was healthy and unencumbered, I decided to leave home and enter the pioneer service, as the full-time ministry is called. My parents encouraged me to do so. Thus, my partner, Agnes Aleta, and I received our assignment, and on August 28, 1928, we boarded a train at 9:00 p.m. Each of us had but one suitcase and a satchel to carry our Bible literature. At the station, my sisters and my parents were crying, and so were we. I thought I might never see them again, since we believed that Armageddon was near.

w88 7/15 pp. 18-19 Pay Constant Attention to Your Teaching ***

One sister in Japan explains our frequent calls this way: ‘Television news will report on the course of a typhoon again and again, repeating the information frequently for the benefit of those who might have missed previous broadcasts. This is done because lives are involved. The frequency of the reports increases as the storm draws closer. So, as the storm of Armageddon draws near, the warning message must be declared as often as possible to save lives.’ Of course, we would make such a statement kindly and with sincerity, hoping to reach the heart of the listener.

w80 12/1 p. 5 Warnings That Should Be Heeded ***

"Impossible!" you say? Yet God’s prophet, Jesus Christ, has never been wrong before. "The war of the great day of God the Almighty," commonly called Armageddon, is sure to come. (Rev. 16:14-16) It will be the final part of the "great tribulation." So does it not make sense, at least, to give consideration to the warnings that Armageddon is near, within the lifetime of most persons now living?

w80 12/1 pp. 6-7 Warnings That Should Be Heeded ***

Bible prophecies are being fulfilled. The evidence is just as clear that Armageddon is near as it was clear earlier this year that Mount St. Helens was due to erupt. Yet many there refused to heed the warnings to keep out of the danger zone. They paid with their lives.

*** w63 4/1 p. 223 Questions from Readers ***

So today, the ingathering work of itself serves notice to an ungodly world that the battle of Armageddon is very near and will strike within this generation.

*** w61 2/1 p. 92 Attend One of the 1961 Assemblies! ***

. In this troubled world, tottering so near the brink of another total war, and Armageddon, who knows when we shall be able to enjoy further such assemblies? So, by all means attend one of the 1961 assemblies!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Masters of the art of prediction, aren't they....not.

Armageddon has been just "around the coner" for so long now that one can't help thinking it's an awfully long bend.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

w61 2/1 p. 92 Attend One of the 1961 Assemblies! ***

. In this troubled world, tottering so near the brink of another total war, and Armageddon, who knows when we shall be able to enjoy further such assemblies? So, by all means attend one of the 1961 assemblies!

that one was three years before i was even born!

and lets add up... from 61 - 2006 there have been what? 45 district assemblies? 90 circuit assemblies ? i suck at math.but i'm close lol

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

<<beats head against keyboard>>

aaargh, I can't believe I believed it. I simply just can't believe I bought into it.

I had a run in with two jdubs today and all I could do was simply shake my head as I left Target.

Just, wha..why...how?

Thank you Blondie for the reminder that the end is ever so close WTS is just as wacky as ever.

BSoM

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Please read these stunning statements in the 1930s and 1940s on the nearness of Armageddon:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/114575/2005783/post.ashx#2005783

• Warlock
    Warlock

Leo,

Glad you brought all that up..................I was beginning to slack off in my ministry!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    "Cartons of Children that had been deposited in The Arena were now opened, and Judge Rutherford instructed the children how to come and each get a copy thereof.... Never was there a more moving sight in these "last days". Many, including strong men, wept at the demonstration. Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord’s provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon" (Watchtower, 15 September 1941, p. 288).

So the big A was only months away in 1941, and in 2006 it could still be years away.For me, the sad part about all these predictions is that the jws of the time largely believed this crap, as I suppose many of us did at one time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Armageddon is nothing more than a sales pitch for the watchtower, and they have to make it every few years. It's time for another one. That's what happens when a company's sales force is also it's biggest customer.

W

• Warlock
    Warlock

Full,

We were told of 1914, 1918, 1975, but I never knew about all these from the 30's and 40's.

That's why we believed all the stuff that we did.

Warlock

• blondie
    blondie

*** w94 11/15 p. 16 par. 4 Job’s Reward—A Source of Hope ***

This may well remind us that soon Armageddon’s storm will hurl the wicked out of their place of power, and they will not escape God’s unsparing hand.

*** w91 7/1 p. 25 Building Christian Personalities in Our Children ***

He is now a heavenly King and as such will soon destroy God’s enemies at Armageddon.

*** w91 8/1 p. 5 Judgment Day—A Time of Hope! ***

These ungodly men will be destroyed at what the Bible calls the battle of Armageddon—which, as this magazine has often shown, will take place soon.

*** w84 11/1 p. 21 A "Publican" Brings Refreshment to the Never-Never ***

Then I put up another lot of placards, five of them! One read:

"ARMAGEDDON THE BATTLE OF THE GREAT DAY OF GOD ALMIGHTY TO BE FOUGHT SOON. ON WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU? JEHOVAH’S OR SATAN’S? GET THE BIBLE VIEWPOINT."

*** w59 1/15 p. 36 Do You Have Time? ***

Since this old world will soon come to its end at God’s war of Armageddon, time is life. Those who kill time will soon not have time to kill.

*** w59 3/1 p. 141 par. 26 Warnings of Jehovah’s Unusual Work ***

As soon as he decides that their preaching about his reigning kingdom and about the day of his vengeance has gone on long enough, he will take action by his executional forces at the battlefield of Armageddon.

*** w57 2/15 p. 112 Righteous World Re-created ***

Soon the war of Armageddon will finish off the wicked old world. The surviving New World society will remove the debris of war and bury the bones of the wicked.

*** w53 12/15 p. 740 Selfish Christmas ***

Do this now, for soon, at Armageddon, Christ the King will forever put an end to the pagan party of Christmas and its self-seeking celebrators.

*** km 1/70 p. 3 Enjoy the Privilege of Vacation Pioneering ***

A pioneer from Texas says: "I realize that I was spending forty hours every week in secular work that would soon go up in smoke at Armageddon and I would have nothing to show for it. So I quit my job and started to vacation pioneer and later I became a regular pioneer."

*** w70 4/1 p. 208 par. 2 Building Disciples Having the Quality of Endurance ***

We are fifty-five years into the Biblically foretold "time of the end" for this system of things, and the world stands at the very threshold of a "great tribulation" culminating in Armageddon, "the war of the great day of God the Almighty."

*** w67 5/1 p. 261 Where Are We According to God’s Timetable? ***

Ours is a most critical generation. Bible chronology and prophecies agree on this fact. We who live today stand at the threshold of Armageddon,

*** w67 5/1 p. 262 Where Are We According to God’s Timetable? ***

These events emphasize the preciseness of God’s "timetable." They make us witnesses of fulfilled prophecies. They tell us what Satan the Devil already knows, namely, that we stand at the threshold of Armageddon, that his wicked rule is about to end, that ‘God’s kingdom come’ will soon be a reality for the earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit