Overheard: the Witnesses I know react to the Cano incident

by under_believer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Presented for your perusal, horror, and edification. I take no responsibility for these statements--they are the verbatim comments of people that I know. I find my wife's comment heartening, since it implies that she knows that elders are not necessarily spirit-directed. The others... I'm not so sure.

My wife:

"It just totally shows you have to be careful with your children and actually ignore titles."

A completely inactive but still totally believing Witness friend:

"Perhaps he left Jehovah and this is what he did with his free will. This guy just proves the point that the once saved always saved is bs. People are imperfect and all the CO has to go on for appointments is the limited contact he has with the appointee and the word of the cong elders. You don't want to allow yourself to be stumbled because of others."

An active Witness ministerial servant in a Spanish congregation:

"What a sap. 'Would you like to read the latest mags or maybe pics of your kid's naked butt?' You can never tell what lurks in the secret parts of peoples minds. Strange, caustic things a-brewin'."

• wednesday
    wednesday

I just told someone and their response was " OMG how awful. did you call and tell the elders?" I assured them they most likely knew.

• M.J.
    M.J.

So is this common knowledge in congregations outside of upstate New York and Chicago areas?

• wednesday
    wednesday

mj

I can't swear to it, but I would not be surprised by now that other cong and elder bodies have been told just as a way of being prepared for bad press. That is just my feelings however, can't prove this. But most of the BOE know people in Bethel and they usually call their famlies , you know how it goes.

• under_believer
    under_believer

These are people who I have the means to contact casually throughout my workday. I copied the links to them. Just doin' my part to spread the Kingdom News.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I used to say many things to defend the WT. But deep inside it felt different. No matter what they say its good to spread the News!

• proandcon
    proandcon

I am doing what I can to spread the news about this perv bethelite here in Mass...trying quietly to get some comment from some heavies at the Farm in Wallkill to see what their take is...let you know when I do...hopefully soon...wonder if bethel bailed this jerk out of jail ($15K bail)...highly highly unlikely...they dropped him like a hot potato...love only goes do far !!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    all the CO has to go on for appointments is the limited contact he has with the appointee and the word of the cong elders

I thought god's holy spirit directed appointments?

• Gill
    Gill

You can never be sure what kind of reaction you will get from a JW on a subject such as this.

A JW Elder was convicted in Rugby for molesting a string of young boys.

My mother's reaction? - Many brothers and sisters from this man's local congregation went to court with him, all holding their New World Translations. My mother was shocked that the court listened to these 'lying young men, especially the one who is now a homosexual. They actually believed a homosexual!!" she said in total disbelief. Then. 'but we know that Satan is behind these attacks on faithful brothers. He is the one really making up the lies.'

Breath taking stupidity!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The news item was shown on CBS affilaites in the NYC area but its possible that up to 10 million people are aware of this, depending on how many watch the news on a given day but it was shown in Northern NJ, NYC Metro area, parts of eastern Pennsylvania and Connecticut. They can't hide this one, too many JWs living in the areas mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit