Is the light getting brighter?

by leftbelow 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Do the WBTS understand anything better today then they did 10 or 20 years ago other then they have been wrong alot?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, they realized they got it wrong when they said those born in 1914 would see Armagedon.

WT: "Oops! Did I say 1914?"

• DHL
    DHL

The light is indeed getting brighter. Only that it comes from another light bulb now. This new one is called "world wide web".

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Do the WBTS understand anything better today then they did 10 or 20 years ago other then they have been wrong alot?

They understand that information (including things about them) is more readily available.

• unique1
    unique1

Not that I can tell. It still seems to be the same information, unless that info is proven wrong like the Generation thing. I think you are correct. The only thing that gets highlighed is the fact that they were wrong, so they change prophecy understanding and call it new light. Brilliant strategy really.

• M.J.
    M.J.

maybe for their lawyers.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I think that it may not be a few people high up deliberately lying and keeping their true intentions secret to get people to join (could be, who knows?), I honestly think alot of the high ups believe in it, and they believe in it so much they keep putting the date back just that little bit, because they'd probably have a breakdown if it ever registered with them that their last prediction felt SOOOO REAL too. New light looks alot like delusion. A certain kind of delusion (self backing? self fortifying? I can't think of the term now...)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Do they better understand the reality of biology and history? No. Do they have a more scholarly opinion of the Bible? No, in fact Russel had a better grasp of the issues. They are still in the Dark Ages and like it there.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Do the WBTS understand anything better today then they did 10 or 20 years ago

Yes, they've perfected the amount of time necessary to fully indoctrinate a new member. No baptisms under six months of study!

They've determined the minimal reward necessary to keep people loyal. No more hoagies for you!

They've established the maximum time away allowed to maintain indoctrination (three days) and the minimum number of repetitions (Four. Read. Underline Answer. Listen in meeting. Answer.)

They know how long to wait to introduce a new doctrine without alerting the passing generation (20-30 years), and a three-year method of gradual introduction to keep the sheep passive (Question from Readers, Convention Talk, Watchtower Article).

• Ade
    Ade

"teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days--till the full end of the age.'" if the light shone brighter and brighter from this statement onwards by Jesus.the light should have shone brighter and brighter to a "society" of people ( according to watchtower theory ) so how could C.T. Russell have had revelations from God when the bright light of knowledge was already there?? surely this BRIGHT light would have been passed from the "society" already carrying it to C.T.Russell ...... ooohhhhhh wait i understand now, God and his angels must have had the information on the star they used to live on ( please see the book Reconciliation ) and invited C.T.Russell periodically up for a chat and some new revelations , thats why the light was so darn bright... all the best everyone God bless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit