Each time I go to McDonalds I see..........

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Lol Luna!

Latley, everytime I see a McDonald's, they are tearing them down and rebuilding them into even bigger buildings!!

• blondie
    blondie

When I was still out in the d2d, the group stopped at MickeyD's for several reasons:

1) You got served quickly

2) JW parents used it as a reward to keep their children in line in the hated d2d

3) It was fairly cheap

4) There weren't that many places to stop any more for coffee breaks (no donut places, coffee shops going under, etc.) Whenever I moved to a new place, the first thing I learned from JWs was where all the good coffee break places were.

5) Easy availability of clean, public restrooms (see kids above)

Blondie

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I"m trying to figure out why you still eat at McDonalds JH??

Barf! -to the food, and the company you have to bump into there....

:-)

• JH
    JH
    I"m trying to figure out why you still eat at McDonalds JH??

Well, I don't go there as often as before, maybe once every 3 weeks or so. But each time I go there, I see them.

When I was fading years ago, I knew that restaurant was no place to go have lunch......because I was afraid to meet them and see their faces, because I knew that they were always there at the morning break, noon time and any time of the day....

After the KH, the McDonalds restuarant was the most likely place for me to see witnesses.

• JH
    JH

Gee, I'm not lucky, I just went to eat at Mcdonalds and ONCE AGAIN, guess who was there?

Yes, an elder in my congregation, the one who tried to bring me back last year. He was reading his new spaper and drinking coffee. He didn't see me come in, but I saw him once I ordered and was looking for a place to sit down. Seeing that he was there, I decided to eat my lunch home instead. But not long after, he got up went to the counter and deposited his newspaper on the counter and went away, and he didn't seem to see me, so I changed my mind again and ate at the restaurant.

Why is it that every time I go to McDonalds I see JW's?

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree
    Why is it that every time I go to McDonalds I see JW's

JH-

McDonalds is their new territory...you know gas is getting expensive...So, maybe they're finding new avenues of service. Get a paper and a coffe (cheaper then gas) and strike up a conversation with the person next to you.

Witness: Sure has been hot out these last couple of days.

Householder: Yeah (mouthful of frenchfries)

Witness: Do you think that there ever be a day when the weather is perfect everyday? And we all live in peace and get to play with the animals?

• lola28
    lola28

I don't eat at McDonalds, the food makes me sick, still reminds me of good times tho.

Lola

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

I personally don't eat mickey d's food nor does my family, but anytime I pass one I think of the movie, "Supersize Me"...it was a documentary about a man who ate McDonald's food for 30 days straight to show what if any effects it would have on his health. Trust me, watch this film and you will never eat at McDonalds again!!!!

ec

P.S.- Just like if you read "Crisis of Conscience" you can no longer in good conscience remain a dub!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What always astonished me was that JWs would actually pray and thank Jehovah for providing the McDonalds crap they were about to eat.

W

• anewme
    anewme

Funny, this thread reminds me of the JW view of big business-----all greedy, selfish, earth ruining entities. And funny, I catch myself thinking they are all going to be destroyed at the Big A!!!

A little pocket of my brain matter I have to scoop out and wipe with a tissue and flush I guess.

But I did have to wonder the other day as I was sitting in a park and looked down to see an old cigarrette butt with the word spelled out on it Marlboro.
    Have they no self respect? To put their name on what becomes troublesome refuse just so their name stays in circulation and possibly sells more cigarrettes? One does wonder about their karma so to speak.

Sorry, Im just rambling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit