Geography quiz--can you guess where this picture was taken?

by cabasilas 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

looks like mid-Atlantic to me!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Washington or Alaska?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So the houses are wood so it is probably not New Mexico and the trees are very tall and nothing like I recall seeing. So I may be wrong but that eliminates Wyoming and Colorado and Missourri. Texas may look like that down south because I remember tall trees, but I dont recall them looking so Frondy. So perhaps Texas is out too. It surely is not Kansas and I don't think Arizona looks like that.

Lets see-

A boat,

Water

What looks like a Yucca on the porch to the left, and geraniums.

It must get snowy or something because mailboxes are still up near the road. Very strange to me. It has been forever since I saw that.

The road is not edged, so it is country and it rolls up and down with no grade in it and no mountains from this angle.

It cannot be blistering hot for your wife has on rubber clogs. It does look a bit like Pensacola from when I took a turn off the main street. Very settled area. Hmm. Clover does grow there and there are rains because of the drainage ditches made next to the road.

I have no clue.***scratching my head***

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I looked up the fire hydrants online, but couldn't find a match.

Interesting that the street lights are combined with the telephone poles.

What else is identifying in the pics? They look remarkably anywheresville to me.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

A couple of you are real close...just not precise enough.

Water and boat are dead ends here so don't follow that thread. Yes, it can get snowy here.

Look at the power lines in the top picture and guess what's on the other side of the sign that says you must have your dog on a leash.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

are those real Crocs on your feet?????

• QueenBee
    QueenBee

Now that I look again, it looks like Oregon....maybe on the coast....but the trees in the first picture are throwing me off here. Bee

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I looked at my pics of Georgia and see that they have combined street lights and telephone poles there.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

There's something geographically significant about the location, however.

On what side of the road do you see the power lines?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Could it be Nelson, BC?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit