convention witnessing-special 'Gas cap' campaign

by blindersoff 10 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    I got a flyer on my door Thursday inviting me to the upcoming DC. When did they start doing that?

QueenBee, there have been several threads on here about this current campaign. Actually, it is a time-honored way of the WTS, just not done recently. There is a Kingdom News tract distribution coming up this fall as well as one with the September Awake on evolution, so be prepared. The rank and file have been slowing down and this is the WTS way to rev them up.

The last KN distribution was in 2000.

km 9/00 p. 2 Service Meeting Schedule ***

Local announcements. Inform congregation about special distribution planned for Kingdom News No. 36, which will start on Monday, October 16, and continue through Friday, November 17.

There used to be handbills with the names of the local public talks listed. This invitation is the equivalent of the old time handbills that have become generic and rarely used by the rank and file.

I wonder what would happen if an active JW did not participate in this "special" work? Formed a car group of like-minded JWs and tossed their invitations into the recycler?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit