anyone know anything about printers?????

by BlackSwan of Memphis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Dang you're quick!!!

Thank you!!!

I'm going to do this right now.

BSoM

• KW13
    KW13

alright, i'm off to bed in a minute so if ya get stuck just click my profile and PM me. the answer may be tomorrow tho Try here first

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I was wondering what time it is round there and what yer doing up So late!!

Sheesh, I'm lucky to stay awake for the 11pm Simpsons, lol.

So far it's downloading and will take a few minutes. We shall see!

thanks !!!!

BSoM

• KW13
    KW13

lol, ok i'm off to zzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZ

see ya tomorrow, i shall check topic

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Check, and maybe experiment with, the 'Ink Drying Time' and 'Ink Volume' settings in the printer Properties.

See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=au&dlc=en&tool=solveCategory&product=311261&dest_page=solveCategory&docname=bpu04822#N952 for more information.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BSoM kindly sent me a copy of the file.

It is not a printer problem!

This is a photoshop file and I don't have photoshop, but PSP9 was able to open it.

It is a nice graphic with some vegetation in light green with a darker green edge. When you print it (I did) SOME - but not all - of the light green areas print as the darker green.

I suspect it is something with the image layer transparency that is causing the problem.

Who is an expert with Photoshop? You will probably be able to figure this out in the twinkling of an eye!

• Simon
    Simon

It could be the color space used to create the pic. That can make things look and print differently (and even look different on other PCs).

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    It could be the color space used to create the pic. That can make things look and print differently (and even look different on other PCs).

A color space issue? Sorry to have to ask, but I don't understand that.

I am curious about this though because other images we would print would sometimes print out a little differently then how it is displayed on the comp. I played around a bit with the properties but seem to have ok results. Still wondering why it does that though.

Thanks

BSoM

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

All of these answers given to you here are potential resolutions. Prolly a bad feed head is my opinion. I have worked for Xerox as a tech rep for 27 years now, and the last five have been in color. I wish my customers were as smart as the folks on this board!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Steve, thanks for the advice.

At this point I am sort of at my wits end. Nothing I'm doing is working.

My web guy finally got back to me this afternoon and he walked me through a bunch of stuff and in the end he's still not sure.

(bangs head against keyboard) I give up for the night. I've printed out umpteen pages today and played with every feature imaginable I went through all the various things at the HP site and now...

I'm ready for a beer.

Cheers to all thx so much for the help

BSoM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit