anyone know anything about printers?????

by BlackSwan of Memphis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Aaaack, I have a problem and I really don't know if it is printer or computer related.

The only way that I can really describe it is to be able to send someone a pic file and then go from there.

Here is a basic idea: When printing out a pic Adobe file (although it could be any program) the colors in one particular groupe are blending together badly. So that what is to be seperated are just one big blob of color. However, so far that we can see it is not doing this with another shade, just green tones.

Don't know what the problem is and I need to get it figured out! If anyone can help I would be incredibly grateful!!!!

BSoM

• KW13
    KW13

is it just that image that comes out wrong? are your cartridges all recent, full or at least containing ink?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The printer? Is that the big lumpy thing on the end of the wire that prints things?

KW 13 gave you a good start - is the problem with ALL images, or just this one image?

You've got a PM.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just a guess, that you are using ink \ bubble jet and maybe the heads need a good clean, although normally if the heads are clogged it would lead to drop outs. My guess is the nozzles can jam open delivering too much ink? Your printer will have a head clean mode which you will need to perform. (how you do this depends on the printer model)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    is it just that image that comes out wrong? are your cartridges all recent, full or at least containing ink?

Hey Kw I think it’s just this particular image. Seems like in the past the color hue for other images was off a bit, but I think I fixed that with the properties.

The cartridges are brand new today.

Just a guess, that you are using ink \ bubble jet and maybe the heads need a good clean, although normally if the heads are clogged it would lead to drop outs. My guess is the nozzles can jam open delivering too much ink? Your printer will have a head clean mode which you will need to perform. (how you do this depends on the printer model)

Ok First: I peered in there with a flashlight and found that there at the right there was a lot of ink that had gummed up. Yuk, so I cleaned that out best I could and still the same thing.

For the head clean mode, it’s weird my other printers I could do that function, but I am not able to find that. Can find a cartridge clean function, but not a print head clean.

Thanks NN!

BSoM

• KW13
    KW13

Consider downloading the latest Drivers and Software for your printer, maybe then it will come with the kit needed to maintain it...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Consider downloading the latest Drivers and Software for your printer, maybe then it will come with the kit needed to maintain it...

This is a really good idea. I suppose just go to the home site for the company?

BSoM

• KW13
    KW13

what model is your printer?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

HP 5510v

It's an all in one.

• KW13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest