Jehovah's Witnesses paid me a visit this morning. {the new Tract}

by SixofNine 10 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

On another discussion board, the following was posted with the title I used here. Thought I'd share (be sure to check out the last paragraph, which is the guy's "take" on the JW message. He gets it.):

I didn't actually speak to them, because I was still in bed, but their presence certainly sent my dog barking like crazy. I pulled myself out of bed in time to see a man and a little boy walking away. They'd left a little pamphlet on my doorstep.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

6/9:

So, they want me to love and worship a God they've told me used us as an experiment, and allowed billions to suffer for thousands of years before ultimately destroying them. I'm all for religious freedom, but this doesn't sound like me.

Silly man. God doesn't DO anything bad to us...we do it to ourselves. Here...read the sacred words again:

"Why did God not destroy Adam and Eve and start over with another human pair? Because God's universal sovereignty, that is, his right to rule, has been challenge. The question was, Who has the right to rule, and whose rule is right? By extension, Could humans do better if not ruled by God? In allowing them enough time to experiment with total freedom, God would establish once and for all whether they are better off under his rule or their own."

"All the evidence shows that we are nearing the end of man's tragic experiment in independence from God. It has been clearly demonstrated that rulership by humans apart from God can never succeed.

See ? It's OUR tragic experiment...we brought it upon ourselves. Well, not 'me'...but, somebody. Hey...wait just a second...

Rabbit ( gots a headache...ya' mean we've been doing all this shit to ourselves ?)

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

<<<<<<"Why did God not destroy Adam and Eve and start over with another human pair? Because God's universal sovereignty, that is, his right to rule, has been challenge. The question was, Who has the right to rule, and whose rule is right? By extension, Could humans do better if not ruled by God? In allowing them enough time to experiment with total freedom, God would establish once and for all whether they are better off under his rule or their own.">>>>>>

smellsgood: This is a very condensed strange presentation of even the biblical story. "Experiment with total freedom" hmmmmm, I understand it better from the perspective that if He had created us without freedom, that is, without the possibility to do evil, by doing so he would have created a being who also could not truly love, just obey. "Automaton" describes it. It's about relationship more than dominion.

<<<<<<<<"All the evidence shows that we are nearing the end of man's tragic experiment in independence from God. It has been clearly demonstrated that rulership by humans apart from God can never succeed. Only God's rulership can bring peace, happiness, perfect health, and everlasting life. So Jehovah's toleration of wickedness and suffering is nearing its end. Soon God will intervene in human affairs by destroying this entire unsatisfactory system of things.">>>>>>

<<<<<Is it the case then that they teach that God has not been ruling since then? >>>>>>

smellsgood: The good news of the WT is not to do with Christ come, but billions massacred, world to "end" ushering in a new world where He's wrapped up the experiment and decides to go ahead and, it would seem, have the humans around in a corporal existence still, just, happy, peaceful, and without the possibility of doing evil? It sounds like a UN goal. It sounds like he's decided to do what he wouldn't in the first place. Strange

<<<<<<So, they want me to love and worship a God they've told me used us as an experiment, and allowed billions to suffer for thousands of years before ultimately destroying them. I'm all for religious freedom, but this doesn't sound like me.>>>>>

smellsgood: Good point on this tract. What a terrible job they do presenting their message to minds that are not already entangled in their web. The dopes in Brookly must really sweat trying to put together a message that is mass friendly, given the fact that they can't "market" their version of Jehovah in a way revealing an ounce of sanity.

<<<Why do these people follow me from house to house? >>>>

smellsgood: rats and children follow me out of town

• trevor
    trevor

Santa Clause is coming - So be good for goodness sake

• Undecided
    Undecided

If all man's suffering was caused by his disobedience why do animals suffer the exact same physical problems?

Ken P.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Why doesn't Jehovah end the experiment right now or better yet back in 1914? The world is spiraling down and will only get worse according to the witnesses.

The experiment is then over. Right?

Is Jehovah curious to see how bad he can let things get?

Oh yeah, I forgot he's waiting for people to convert to the watchtower.

Sounds like a never ending thing.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    "Only God's rulership can bring peace, happiness, perfect health, and everlasting life. So Jehovah's toleration of wickedness and suffering is nearing its end. Soon God will intervene in human affairs by destroying this entire unsatisfactory system of things."

So, they want me to love and worship a God they've told me used us as an experiment, and allowed billions to suffer for thousands of years before ultimately destroying them. I'm all for religious freedom, but this doesn't sound like me.

Nice to see a never-a-JW netizen who sees through the euphemisms and abstractions ('wickedness is near its end', 'destroying this system of things') and accurately perceives the grossly violent message behind them.

I had JW's at my door last weekend offering me an invitation to the DC, and one of them made the predictable remark that "wouldn't it be nice if you you didn't have to worry about locking your door? Well, you can learn how someday the wickedness of the world will be gone.." or something similar to that. I responded with, "Wickedness will be gone because God is going to kill everybody except JW's right?" Which, predictably, they tried to dance around and dodge until I told them to get lost.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    In allowing them enough time to experiment with total freedom

That's not entirely true, is it? I mean, we were doing alright and it looked as if we could rule ourselves without help from God. Then God got real scared and put an almighty spoke in the wheels:

Genesis Chapter 11 ver 5-9

And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: "Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language." 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba´bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

Now that's not fair.

• gumby
    gumby
    8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba´bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

I always wondered HOW he scattered them.

Did he.....take them in a real big u-haul, a jet, a tornado but landed them safely? How did he scatter them? If they scattered themselves......WHY did they scatter? Did they scatter themselves because they didn't like being around people who talked differently than each other? How many in a group spoke the same language? Was it in groups of 10, 20, 50....how many? Evidently, Jehovah wasn't done creating on the 7th day since he CREATED some new languages at Babel.

Gumfused

• KW13
    KW13

i went to a relatives home, he's moved out now but he wanted some help moving two old desks....so we went, anyway as he opens the door here in the letters is one of these thingy's.

HOW the hell do they count that as a placement? Firstly an obviously empty house and secondly just posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit