Letter From My Elder Uncle

by freemindfade 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

This elder (your uncle) reminds me of Jesus words in Matthew 23:15

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you traverse sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[c] as yourselves.

You can tone down your response or simply don't say anything and make him wonder. You have full control and not any religious leaders. What I got from his letter is the fear and sadness he feels about sickness, death and complex problems that we cannot fix.

• baltar447
    baltar447
    That gave me a headache just skimming it...
  • Fernando
    Fernando

He can write a 4-page diatribe, but cannot answer a simple question?

Like most JWs...

Methinks something stinks...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its true fernando, Witnesses never understand that the burden of proof falls on the person who makes a claim, not on who doesn't accept it. ie; 607 bce

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This is not even worth responding to. Like other posters on here mentioned it is no win situation. If you want to fade you will have to give him a polite response.

I like the quote about the fear of death,

"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance. It's the one who won't be taken who cannot seem to give

And the soul afraid of dying who never learns to live"

This reminds me of a quote I just read of Mark Twains, "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." That is the trouble with the JW's as they always fear death and are never allowed to enjoy this life.

• bemused
    bemused

If you are going to reply perhaps just say that you are indeed an atheist and don't believe in God OR Satan.

All of his rantings about Satan are kind of pointless then.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    William Penwell I agree with you 100%
  • yodastar
    yodastar

I agree with most of the posts - in pretending to be polite about it all. It probs really isn't worth it and they already know how you feel. This sucks, just reading that made me feel like I was back and getting a good old spanking. Thank Christ I don't submit to that malarkey any longer.

Hey what's all that COME LORD JESUS stuff? Sounded like a happy clapper - not the true religion.haha

Totally agree with toesup, my old man spent way more time in the ministry than with us. Really who gives one about all the sinners if you cannot look after your own flock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit