How Many More Ways Can The Society Shoot Itself In The Foot???

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I sure wish it make my sister, brother and their families open their eyes.

One good thing is that my oldest nephew, who my sister coerced into moving back in with her (he's in his late 30's now), has finally stood up to them and said he's going to smoke and he will not go to meetings any longer. He's not baptized, so they have relented, but he is still forbidden any contact with me. He says he makes his own decisions now, but will speak to me secretly out of respect for peace.

They told their youngest son, who has never wanted to be a JW and isn't, not to speak with me. They told him I am apostate and that there are exbrothers all over the internet. *Gasp*. He laughed at the exbrother comment. He asked me how anyone could become an exbrother. He told her JWs are a cult. She gave him my phone number.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine a close to 40 yr. old man having to kiss your sister's ass to live in "peace". The JW religion truly SUCKS! They're like the Taliban.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Imagine a close to 40 yr. old man having to kiss your sister's ass to live in "peace". The JW religion truly SUCKS! They're like the Taliban.

Yeah, sickening isn't it? You wouldn't believe how paranoid my sister is about me. She took it to the extreme last year. She told her son to write me and tell me that that they didn't want me to contact them, nor them contact me, even if someone was gravely ill or dying. We protested that even the society doesn't order such extreme shunning of family members. We also told them that they looked like psychotic fools to Andy and his family. They apologized, but we didn't hear anything more until this son wrote me a few weeks ago.

• minimus
    minimus

I can understand why they're doing this......You "look" like an "apostate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit