Is the onus on us to understand God or vice versa?

by Spectrum 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

"I agree and God did reveal Himself to me. He also has revealed Himself to you. I pray that he gives you the faith to believe".

DD, If I were to state "A rainbow coloured Unicorn revealed itself to me and he has also revealed himself to you", would you believe me or assume I was hallucinating and or schizophrenic? I submit that the only reason you feel comfortable making this rather astounding self-assured statement is because we live in a sociocultural context that for the most part, allows you to express such unsubstantiated and unprovable statements without question. Having said that, the veracity of your statement does not, and cannot hold anymore validity than my claim to have experienced a rainbow coloured Unicorn. I can only hope you have the "faith" to believe in my personal experience with the rainbow coloured Unicorn and realize that this Unicorn has also revealed himself to you, even though you may not realize it. Now, the levels of absurdity in both of our claims is merely distinguishable on the basis of the cultural and social context they are being presented in, even though in reality, we both know they have equal fallibility in reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit