Would you go to work in your pajamas?

by sandy 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• sandy
    sandy

Under what circumstances? If you really couldn't change and you were on a very tight budget would you go to work wearing pajamas?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Sure, I usually just wear a pair of khakis and a t-shirt to bed anyway.

• sandy
    sandy

ok, if you worked in an office where people dress more business like... would you?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've joked about doing just that.

I've been on my current job for 4 years now. Prior this job, I spend 18 years coming and going as I pleased. Usually arrived at 9:30 / 10 / 11 (well - 11 was pushing it but still OK). I'd work until I was done or felt like leaving.

The new job - initially I had to be there at 6:00 - in the OMG MORNING. I joked about showing up in my pj's... But never actually did it. I did stop wearing make-up, though.

In the past 6 weeks, a friend of mine at work has come to work in her pajamas a few times - complete with robe and bunny slippers.!! She's going thru chemo treatment and it takes too much out of her to change clothes. We just give her hugs and let her get done what she can.

What circumstances would you do it, Sandy?

-Aude.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Only if it was a fancy dress day, which we occasionally have for charity.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've done it. We had a huge ice storm in '84, I worked at a radio station. Several of us lived pretty far from work and had to stay the night. We brought our pjs and sleeping bags to work. That's the great thing about radio, nobody can see you when you are on the air.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I drive a taxi so I can wear what ever I want when ever I want to.I am the boss.And yes I would wear PJ's to work.But I would have to put them on because I sleep naked.I know TMI right.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I love this:

And yes I would wear PJ's to work.But I would have to put them on because I sleep naked.

Party on, Noni!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I get to work in my pj's sometimes - on days I work from home.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

My workmate used to come to work sometimes in his PJ's - you know the kind with the big fly in the front - and a tee shirt. And he would go about campus and fix PC's.

I banned him from doing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit