Scriptures You Will Not Hear at the 25-06-06 Church Sermon.

by scout575 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the early Christian times there were many problems as we can also see from the book of Revelation and the messages that Christ directs at the seven congregations. There were strong and weak congregations.

Generally it is thought that they did overall develop some high spiritual culture but after Constantine the church got overwhelmed with pagans that were becoming Christians in name only. The era of the few genuine and heroic Christians struggling against the predominent pagan majority came to an end.

The fruits of the spirit do not really exist since then because a genuine spiritual culture ceased to exist. It is the culture of the flesh that predominates.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    A Paduan: You interpret the expression, "Ye kill" ( James 4:2 ) very interestingly. It seems odd to me that that you feel that that expression can be used without indicating a background of severe hostility.

as I said - marginalising another I can believe -

You desire and do not have; so you kill.

if any one has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Any one who hates his brother is a murderer

You have condemned, you have killed the righteous man

while you say to the poor man, "Stand there," or, "Sit at my feet," have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit