Stress and witoid life

by sinis 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JW spiritual paradise is one of the biggest myths they are propagating, they may not harm each other as much as the "worldly" people do but on the other hand they are not particularly kind and loving to each other. Their brotherly love has no real depth.

On the other hand they have to struggle daily to survive the supposedly soon to arrive armageddon and please the very severe, demanding and vengeful God jehovah. That is very stressful.

• Forscher
    Forscher

while I acknowledge what some former elders who post here have said, Left me contrast the situation with most elders I knew.

They had high paying jobs iwth some of the biggest companies in town or owned very successful businesses. They barely made the national publisher average in the field. They all drove the finest cars, Lincolns, Cadilacs, Mercedes, etc. They owned fine homes. Went on nice vacations, sometimes overseas. Often missed meetings for various reasons. Gloried in being able to tell us peons what we could or could not do. And seldom, if ever acknowledged any responsibility for bad outcomes of their "suggestions". And all the while haraunged us from the platform to quite slacking and do more for "the Kingdom".

Yeah, they would've considered that a Paradise.

I realise that not all were that way. But I sure didn't meet many who weren't. Although I'll admit the ones from my last one were better.

Forscher

• yucca
    yucca

IN Galatians 5:22 Paul wants the Galatian church to keep in mind the fruits of the spirit. Love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness gentleness self control did any one ever talk on the fruits of the spirit? Not in any hall I attended. Jesus said peace I leave with you. There was stress and cayuse so much gossip and mean spirit in the halls.I remember a sister telling me the WT had the best spy system in the world.What got to me was the lying. No wonder people are so stressed out. My daughter and I were invited to dinner and a brother and his son was invited. The husband was a JW but not the wife. I cant remember where the husband went for a short time but anyway the wife and I were joking around with the Jw just friendly talk. Later it turns out he told her husband that his wife was flirting with him. I went to the husband and said hes a dam liar. We were kidding around with him. I think it was about him hating veggies. Anyway so stupid it could of caused a divorce. Just glad I am free of that stuff

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I spent many years in the armed forces, and although life in the military was hard the stress never didn't make me miserable. During my years of pioneering leaving on a crap wage, waking up at 4am to go to work part-time, taking ministry arrangements every afternoon at 1pm. Preaching on average 4 hours every afternoon mostly on my own. Lead two evening arrangements on monday and friday. Out on the ministry on Saturday morning. Study, etc. The only day I never went out was on a Sunday, but our field service overseer an over zealous jerk use criticize me because I wasn't out on a Sunday. That was the only day I had for myself to study, do a weekly shop and get some bleeding rest. I only had on average six hours sleep a night. There were only about 25 publishers who went out on the ministry on Sunday out of 125, but he singled me out. No wonder I got fucking burnout!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit