Anyone remember the facial hair and hair length hoopla?

by restrangled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• hopie
    hopie

ONE OF THE COMMON THREADS THAT LINKS TO ALL CULTS:

CONFORMITY !!!!!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My Dad always enjoyed growing a neat goatee while on vacation. He really hated giving it up when we came home, but he was an elder and had talks to give, so that meant he could not have a beard.

There was a boy I liked at the Hall when we were both teens, and he was forever being hauled in the back room to be counseled about his hair length. It was (gasp) touching his collar in the back again. When he turned eighteen, he got a good job and promptly moved into a by the week motel. He wanted to escape that badly! Everyone seemed so surprised, that he would quit the meetings.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

When my bf and I met he suggested pretending to be a witness long enough to get my parents approval . I gasped!!.. I was an undercover apostate for a short time. I filled him in on what he would have to change -- shave his ever so cute goatee, quit smoking, hide the tatoos, get a "service car" and get rid of his 2-door mustang, quit martial arts, and knock on doors/study/5 meetings a week.. He quickly decided that was a BAD idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit