ex-JW's : Would you go to war?

by Jim Lad 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Here's one way of looking at it.
    Most of us would do whatever was nessesary to defend ourselves and family members if someone broke into our home and threatened our lives in some way.Even if it resulted in their death it would be worth it to protect your family.
    I veiw the country I live in as my home and the people in it as my extended family.
    When you view it that way theres no decision to be made.You do what has to be done.
    Ranchette

• Moridin
    Moridin

I agree with Naeblis...I would fight for my country and for the people who live in it.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I don't know about the country I live in, but I know our freedoms have been attacked in all the CONGREGATIONS I've lived in.

I personally can't see myself killing someone, short or long range, because they beielve differently from me, or because I am dependant for my lifestyle on oil. But I like to think I would protect my family if someone broke into my house. I beat the crap out of a pursnatcher once, and would like to think I would do it again. Is war the same thing on a grander scale?

Tough question. Glad it was asked. Wish I had a better answer.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• TR
    TR

Sign me up, and give me the red button.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit