So I have a Question...And I would appreciate an answer...^_^

by NaruNaruChan 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

Oh, send him here. Lots of ubm's here. He does need info, he needs to research. Not that that will really help but sometimes you need their own weapons to shoot back. If things get hot you can simply quote some wt and magically they usually shut up! No, it is not the ideal obviously. He needs info either way, if he chooses to stay or leave he may still need it. You never know how bad mommiedearest will want to stick it to him if decides to call it a day.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Sounds like a new recruitment strategy.

and I'm not kidding.

wp

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

If he loves her then he is gonna have to get creative and find a way to lure her back to him. If he just sits on his ass then nothing will happen.
    Do cold hysterical JW women know how to love or are they too busy loving Jehovah?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Could it be that the issue here is more about "Mother in Law" control than about the religion per-se?

My whole family broke away from JW in the early '80s. I just quit doing org religion altogether. My sister joined a bible-thumping fundie church. I do not think she has any idea about their doctrines. For her, it is a social club and a source of potential students for her dancing studio - IMHO. She makes a big deal out of dragging my mom there every Sunday - (mom has some dementia now, so the roles are getting reversed)

The incredible thing is that the mother-daughter power play and infighting just continued right on, JW religion or no, with the only modification being that now it is daughter controlling mom rather than the reverse. And the new holy roller church in the round rather than kingdum hall...

If that is the case with this family, then not only the religion thing, but also the control freaking must be dealt with. If I were him, I would see a lawyer.

Just a thought, James

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Well he married her like a dumb ass

That narrows the playing field a wee bit, doesn't it?

• Balsam
    Balsam

AuldSoul said it perfectly

• parakeet
    parakeet

Whatever your friend decides to do, make sure he resolves this mess BEFORE having any children. It's one thing for adults (presumably) to behave like idiots. To inflict idiocy on children is irresponsible and cruel.
    My advice to the friend would be to run away from this mess while he still can.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think you hit it on the head with the label "Dumb ass". Why did he do such a foolish thing to begin with? He kind of made his own bed.

Advise wise: If he loves her - address it head on now. Perhaps the advise to 'cram her own religion down her throat' would be the best course to follow if that is the case. If he cares less - get out before kids come along and the matter becomes complicated.

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It sounds like she married him under false pretenses anyway. She told him she was leaving the jws, then went into the wts more than ever after they tied the knot. It all depende on how he feels about her now, because if he no longer wants to be with her, he has good grounds for a divorce.

Whatever he does, tell him to resist pressure to join the jws, if that's not what he really wants to do, changing his mind and joining won't help his marriage at all. He'd be more trapped than he is now.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Yeah, it's a nightmare of a situation. He says he loves her and won't leave her... but she's too crazy. Like, it took her less than 6 months from the wedding date to realize she couldn't handle leaving the WTS because her whole family is still in it.

I told him to play hardball, and fight back. I think he's doing just that as I type... because he has a short fuse, and I don't think it'll last.

Oh, they won't have kids, I hope. He said NO FUCKING WAY when it comes to having them, because they're too expensive and he's too young to do it.

Thanks for the advice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit