Is It Possible That The Society REALLY Believes The "End" Will Soon Be Here

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is It Possible That The Society REALLY Believes The "End" Will Soon Be Here....

They will when the rapture occurs and they're still walking around on planet earth.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Thank you for posting that Blondie, I was about to look in my huge "Secret- Apostate File" , I've got alot of stuff just in case my family and freinds need it. Anyway, I knew I had it in there, finding it was going to take a while, thanks again, oh mighty Blonde One!

IC

• blondie
    blondie

All the praise goes to Nathan Natas who posts here on JWD, just not that post. He has quite a fund of interesting WT history and publications.

Blondie

• hubert
    hubert

FOR QUANDRY....

What property did they buy from Bob Hope in 1974? Where is it? Do they still have it?

Author: Beth Bresnahan

Publishing date: 09/24/04

By Gregory J. Wilcox

Daily News, Los Angeles

RISMedia, Sept. 24, 2004 (KRT) - A decades-old San Fernando Valley landmark once owned by the late Bob Hope has been sold to a residential development partnership for $25 million, officials said Wednesday.

It's the first time the 8.3-acre parcel, on what is known as Chalk Hill, has changed hands since the Jehovah's Witnesses bought it from Hope in 1974.

The new owners, Troxler Residential Ventures XXVI and D2 Development Inc., plan a multifamily community on the site. The hillside parcel, at 20600 Ventura Blvd., is adjacent to an upscale apartment complex and across the street from a new auto dealership and a housing development for the elderly that is in the midst of construction.

John Battle, a principal at Lee & Associates-LA North/Ventura Inc., who represented both parties, said the deal wraps up the future of a last big chunk of land along the boulevard, a main artery of commerce and entertainment, in the south Valley.

"Ventura Boulevard is pretty much impacted. It's pretty much done," said Battle, whose partner, Craig Stevens, also worked on the deal.

Battle said the listing never hit the market. The church had formed a committee to explore the property's sale, and he heard about it from a client, then matched Troxler/D2 Development with the committee.

"At the time, they were close to going with another buyer, so we jumped in pretty quick and basically gave them what they asked for," Battle said.

Neither a church committee member nor officials at D2 returned calls seeking comment.

But Gordon Murley, vice chairman of the Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council and president of the Woodland Hills Homeowners Organization, said the developer indicated that plans call for a condominium project of several hundred units with a commercial component.

Troxler/D2 pulled out of a meeting with neighborhood residents last month, he said.

The two groups are still waiting for a presentation from the developer.

"Our initial take on it was that it is awfully dense, and we're not quite sure how they are going to handle the amount of traffic that's going to be generated," Murley said.

The site was developed in 1958 as the Valley Music Theater in the Round and hosted numerous concerts and stage productions over the years. In the late 1960s, business fell off, in part because the facility's configuration limited the type of plays that could be put on, and the church eventually took it over.

The Jehovah's Witnesses used it for special gatherings of multiple congregations but outgrew the facility.

© 2004, Daily News, Los Angeles. Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News.

RISMedia welcomes your questions and comments. Send your e-mail to: [email protected]

Here's the property you were asking about.

There also is another property in San Diego, called "The house of Princes", which is Beth-Sarim.

I'll look for some info on that for you, too.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

For Quandry...Here's a link about Beth-Sarim, "House of Princes". http://www.watchman.org/jw/bethsarm.htm

Here's the address of the property....4440 Braeburn Rd., San Diego, Ca. 92116

There's also the property adjacent to it, called..."Beth-Shan".

p.m. me if you need any more info on it.

Hubert

Minimus, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. I just want to make sure Quandry reads it.

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

I believe the ones in power know its crap and stay because they have a publishing company to run. Gotta bring in that money.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oh yes! They believe it alright.

Jim Jones, David Koresh, Sun Young Moon, believed the BS they spouted too.

Many Charlatan's have come under their own spell. They have made themselves a God in thier own minds. They believe their own predictions. They would die for them on the operating table, or at the gallows. And they would be proud to tell others that their children [or Bible students] made the same convictions.

Unfortunately, believing a lie doesn't make it the truth, does it?

Jeff

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Do you think they might REALLY believe that?

A lot of the GB is composed of really really really old men.They would like to believe as freddy franz believed that the end would come before they died. They tried to mold their fantasies into the reality of life. They didn't want to die so they invented a scenario so they wouldn't have to.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

In my view none of the Governing Body really believes the end will come in their lifetimes.

I don't believe many JWs in senior positions really believe half of what the Society teaches - for example when I put him on the spot, my local PO admitted in my home last year there had never really been any 'new light' from God to JWs.

By the time they're senior enough to find out, they have too much to lose by coming clean.

• blondie
    blondie

Effective September 1 st 2005 the Governing Body profile is as follows. The numbers next to the names are their ages.

Carey Barber - 100

John Barr - 92

Theodore Jaracz - 80

Samuel Herd - 70
    Geoffrey Jackson - 50 (new as of 8/25/05)
    Steven Lett - 56
    Gerrit Lösch -63
    Anthony Morris - 55 (new as of 8/25/05)
    Guy Pierce - 70
    David Splane - 61

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit