What do you do when you're really nervous? (new pic)

by MsMcDucket 30 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Then I cry for the next few years.

Sparkplug, don't cry. Buy a wig!

I have a couple of wigs maybe I'll take a pic in one.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sorrry out of focus, too many Millet lites

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

i have curly/kinky hair too, haircuts are evil.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Me in a wig~~! How funny!

alt

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LyinEyes is that you in the avatar?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

When I'm nervous, I do nothing.

Nothing at all other than the essentials - it's like my mind shuts down. Sometimes this is helpful as a coping strategy but other times I can end up in a bigger mess than I started with.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Nothing at all other than the essentials - it's like my mind shuts down. Sometimes this is helpful as a coping strategy but other times I can end up in a bigger mess than I started with.

Sad emo, nothing is good sometimes. After having bilateral vocal cord paralysis, I started having laryngospasms. They were really terrifying! I even had an emergency plan for my husband to cut my tracheostomy site back open to replace the trach if necessary, but then, I've learned to be calm. I researched it on *voicenet.com* and the doctor said to be calm. The harder you try to breathe the harder the spasm. So, I sit calmly, don't talk, and breathe slowly. Everyone seems to know when I'm having one though. Cause I have this coughing thing that happens first, and then a wheeze, and then I'm silent. Everybody goes into a stop and horrified looking mode when this happens. So, I raise my hand and signal that I'm handling it, which seems to help some, but no one leaves me until it's over.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

pluck my eyebrows...with my fingers...not pretty

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sad Emo, I meant voicedoctor.net. Anyway, here's a video of a laryngospasm. It shows why it's so scarey for people.

http://www.voicedoctor.net/media/video/laryngospasm/laryngospasmmovie.html

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    pluck my eyebrows...with my fingers...not pretty

Oooh! That sounds painful, but I bet it gets the endophins going. There's supposed to be some pleasure in some pain for certain people. I've heard that this is why some people with Bipolar disorders do that cutting thing. Not saying that you're Bipolar. Wow! I can see how folks get in trouble on these boards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit