Myspace laughs

by sinis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Thought I'd share, , this,

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=18651712&groupID=100447990&adTopicID=27&Mytoken=D450E1B7-F932-1041-677610A20E1F4B2038119355

Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver...." This verse puzzled some during a book study, and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of Jehovah. One sister volunteered to find out about the process of refining silver and get back to the group at the next book study.
    That week, the sister called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest, beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest so as to burn away all of the impurities.
    The sister thought about Jehovah holding us in such a "hot spot", and then she thought again about the part of the verse that says 'He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver'. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. He answered yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. The sister was silent for a moment, then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled and said "Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it."
    If today you are feeling the 'heat of the fire' of Satan's persecution.....remember that Jehovah has His eye constantly on you, and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.
    Right now, this very moment, some dear brother or sister needs to know that Jehovah himself is watching over them. And, whatever they're going through, He will be vindicated, if they remain faithful.

Someone please explain this to me as I have worked with metals, and casting extensively in my life. My, God, I can't believe I believed this crap, uh oh,

• sinis
    sinis

Here's another,

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=18416241&groupID=100447990&adTopicID=27&Mytoken=D450E1B7-F932-1041-677610A20E1F4B2038119355

what i mean is they would go out without chaperons, and kiss, and fondle each other all the time. kissing is just unclean. And they claim they're doin it the right way when they both lie to their parents about where they go. The know they shouldn't be goin out by themselves. then they will try to get me to be the third wheel and think it's ok for them to do that stuff. So i tel them i dont wanna go out with them if they are gonna do that. now they dont talk to me....

Uh... yea.

• sinis
    sinis

My god, if this guy were describing the world to a Amazon tribal member they'd be scared shitless to venture out into the "world". If this is his view of society, can I play Mad Max on the way home?

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=17467945&groupID=100447990&adTopicID=27&Mytoken=D450E1B7-F932-1041-677610A20E1F4B2038119355

Hello Brian,

there are 2 types of people in this world... those who wish to serve the only true Almighty God Jehovah...
    and those who want a god that will serve them and what they want... convenience, paganism, conformity, fornication, acceptance, drugs/drunkenness, popularity, the latest trends... you get the point...
    Satan disguises himself as one of these 'convenient' gods... most people who claim to be christian attempt to make Jesus into one of these 'convenient' gods who allows them to do whatever they want in life because of the free gift of the ransom... but Hebrews 10:26 and James 4:17 and Romans 6:15 show that to be false teaching!

The finish of this being that worldly association will drag you into the world and you wont even recognize its happening!

1 Corinthians 7:39 and 2 Corinthians 6:14 make it pretty clear that we should not be dating those who do not serve the only true Almighty God Jehovah

agape,
    brother Perez

• sinis
    sinis

WTF?!?!?

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=17467945&groupID=100447990&adTopicID=27&Mytoken=D450E1B7-F932-1041-677610A20E1F4B2038119355

Brian this is what I was talking about on my previous comments...
    This is a story that some have read, and some have not, but if you're contemplating a mate whether you're a F or M. It applies to both genders, Please read and take to heart

I met him at work one day
    On my lunch break, I was about to pray
    We talked on and on and oh, he's such a gentleman
    I wished that moment would never end

But then reality brought forth, the end of my lunch hour
    As he arose, he stood as strong and tall as a tower
    We met again and again; our souls began to cling
    I've pondered, "Could this be the real thing?"

He doesn't smoke, drink or gamble money
    He doesn't take drugs and he's no else's honey
    Let's face it, he's fine and has a great bod
    The truth? Oh well, he doesn't serve Jehovah God
    For I know that he will change in time
    So that is why I shall make him mine

My friends tried to warn me. Did I listen? Did I care?
    Little did I know, my life would be one of despair
    The wedding went fine; the judge married us in fall
    You see, I couldn't have my wedding in a Kingdom Hall
    My dad? No, he didn't give me away
    With the pain in his heart, he didn't have much to say

Mom, can you hear me? Mom, why do you cry?
    Don't worry bout me, we'll do just fine
    I got a good man, who has a good job
    The only thing is, he doesn't serve God

Everything went fine, only recently at night
    When the meeting times come, we fuss and we fight
    "Who is this God, breaking us apart?
    Don't go tonight, follow your heart."
    So I listen, to keep the peace in my home
    But often times, I feel so alone
    Guess cause I don't associate much with the friends at all
    You see, I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall

Service? Oh, well that's history
    I just decorated my first holiday tree
    The holiday celebrations are now a part of my life
    I must obey my husband, for I am his wife

The brothers would call, I wouldn't answer the door
    I stopped reading the literature, it got to be a bore
    You see, marrying out of the Truth, gets one free
    Free from Jehovah's love that I once had within me

Oh blessed news, a little one to come
    I couldn't wait, had to hurry and tell my Hon
    He was in a bad mood, just lost his job that day
    He told me all this as he struck my face
    "I'm sorry, babe. Forgive me this time, please."
    I've heard these words more than once you see

Two jobs I have now, as I support my household
    My husband stays home-still out of work-it's getting old
    I'm tired a lot lately, and feeling kinda strange
    My schedule at both jobs, I've rearranged
    The baby is due anytime now
    Things will get better some way, some how
    For I married a man for better, or worse
    One who refuses to put Jehovah first

The baby came, so little and light
    It wasn't crying, something was not right
    What could it be, I wondered in bed
    Then came the Doctor, he just shook his head
    "Mrs. Unbeliever, there's something to confess
    You and the baby tested positive to the HIV test"
    Oh my!! What a death sentence to hear
    That the end of both of our lives is near

Listen to me, let me tell you to your face
    To marry an unbeliever is a total disgrace
    Jehovah, a loving father, who cares for his sheep
    So he set guidelines for us to hold and to keep
    Let me say this, just to set things straight
    He'll give you a nice brother a theocratic mate
    Cause there's nothing a worldly man has to offer at all
    But unhappiness, sorrow and a serious fall.

(1Cor. 7:39)

Hope that this post keeps us all alert and always Remember: Jehovah's way.... it's the BEST way!
  • sinis
    sinis

Is it me or is there something seriously wrong with these young folks?

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&groupID=100447990&page=1&EntryID=17467945&CategoryID=0&get=1&adTopicId=27&lastpagesent=0&Mytoken=8B7EC91C-A7B5-41DE-96857C010A860E961087869593

so here are my two cents.

would you date satan? uh, i would hope not. my parents have helped me run away from those temptations simply by helping me see it through a different angle, or perspective.
    basically, if you're not with jehovah, you're against him. and if you're against him, you are with satan. simple as a pimple. there isn't any neutral ground. so, if anybody out there (wordly) is not a servant of jehovah, not with jehovah, and therefore property of satan.
    and like another sister said, we cannot be unevenly yoked with people from the world. for what alliance does god have with satan? think of it. can you really be dating someone who does not love jehovah? here your love for god comes in play.
    who will you love more? who will you be loyal to?
    i'm fifteen as well, so i know how hard it is to keep in line. but i value my relationship with jehovah. the heart is treacherous. and so we must always be alert of it. maybe you should brush up a little on your personal study skills. if you knew the background of this topic, i think you wouldn't even have to ask this question because you would see the depthness of this problem.
    but we're here to help. i just hope you accept our advice.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Thanks, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

That first one you posted, about the silver, is what's commonly known as "glurge":

Glurge is a neologism describing a certain kind of melodramatic, saccharine story. The defining characteristic of glurge is that, while its purpose is to make the reader happy, the feel-good aspect is so overdone that some readers are likely to be nauseated rather than inspired. It often has a religious theme and is most commonly circulated via e-mail in the form of a chain letter. The term was coined in 1998 by regular Urban Legends Reference Pages forum contributor Pat Chapin as an onomatopoeia to communicate the feeling evoked by reading these missives. According to the Urban Legends Reference Pages, glurge is "the sending of inspirational (often supposedly 'true') tales that conceal much darker meanings than the uplifting moral lessons they purport to offer, and that undermine their messages by fabricating and distorting historical fact in the guise of offering a 'true story.'" [1]

Completely vomitrocious. And as for darker meanings they're here in spades: what kind of God holds people in a fire, to refine imperfections that he himself allowed to be introduced? Why kind of God lets you burn and burn until he sees his image in you, especially when that image is so hard for a human to apprehend?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Can I take it from these stories that if I were to visit a JWs meeting and see an attractive lady, she would be unlikely to be up for a quick bit of fornication then?

• sinis
    sinis

Another. What part of

Mat 24:36But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

does he not understand?

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=17928139&categoryID=0&IsSticky=0&groupID=100447990&Mytoken=CA324144-5210-4526-BBFC46E64E5D64C3908657390

So what do we know about it? At the start of revelation (verse 3) it says "Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near."

To be honest i havent read through Revelation and when we studied the climax book i was like 7 or something and cant remember a single thing other than how cool it would be to make a movie out of it and the picture of satan being thrown into the firey abyss (WOOHOO). We are gonna be studying it again soon i hear (at bible study group) and im gonna pay attention (he says).

What i wanna know is ANY details you guys know about what the bible says is gonna happen. im talking PHYSICAL things that will happen. like there being signs in the sun, moon and stars (cant remember where it says that). See i think itll be good to know as close as we can as to WHATs GONNA HAPPEN. Of course i trust that Jehovah will make his loyal ones secure during the great tribulation but im just less likely to crap my pants when it happens if i know how its gonna happen.

Cheers!

David :d
  • sinis
    sinis
    Can I take it from these stories that if I were to visit a JWs meeting and see an attractive lady, she would be unlikely to be up for a quick bit of fornication then?

If you stay long enough and aspire to elder you might be able to get into the juicy bedroom activities and lend a shoulder to cry on...

• under_believer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit