PLEASE GIVE BLOOD

by Tina 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

May I add my voice to the plea?

This morning my husband had a heart catheterization after failing a stress test yesterday. The news was not good. They transferred him by ambulance to a larger hospital where he was to undergo emergency quadruple by-pass surgery. Except he's not.

Why not?

Because the hospital is a National Trauma Center and because of the terrible tragedy in NY and elsewhere, blood is desperately needed. So all surgery has been cancelled for the day. Because the Red Cross is shipping the blood to the victims of the awful terrorist attacks.

My husband is scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning -- provided the ban on surgery is lifted. That will depend a great deal on how the blood banks do in responding to this crisis.

I donated blood for the first time since becoming an ex-JW in July and am ineligible to donate until the 24th of this month. However, my 17 year old and, if they'll let her, my 15 year old plan to donate TODAY.

Won't you join them?

(Dana -- check your e-mail!)

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Preston
    Preston

Here in Arizona there is more of a demand for volunteers for the Red Cross than blood doners. There are so many people giving blood you have to call for an appointment (strange huh!). Since this may be my first time I'm planning on donating blood. It may take a while before I feel comfortable about volunteering. I'm just happy about the outpouring of the volunteer spirit here!

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((out)))))))
    You and Mr out are in my thoughts! Thank you to all! What wonderful genuine humanity in this thread. luv and gratitude to you all!Tina
    (((((((((dana)))))))))Birthday wishes hun. We grieve for the lost and their families,but also celebrate life.luv,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Winston
    Winston

Find the Red Cross number and call now it takes a couple of day before they will be able get you in.

Everthing is booked up till friday as it stand now, that is for Santa Clara CA. USA.

• Tina
    Tina

It's 800-GIVE LIFE. Thanks Winston.T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

One local Red Cross blood drive is actually turning people away until tomorrow. They don't have enough volunteers to handle all the people wanting to donate blood. In light of today's events, this is a wonderful problem if you ask me!

Andi - Dallas, TX

• outnfree
    outnfree

DETROIT CARES, TOO!

I phoned the local Red Cross Service Center and they said that there is a 3 hour wait to donate as of 5:00 PM today and they were only planning on being open until 7. So they are taking names and telephone numbers to call back and give donors appointments in the next few days.

What encouraging news!

Dare I say? THANK YOU, AMERICA!!! (and all you nice ex-JWs, too )

Thanks for the hugs, Tina.

Mr. Out's surgery will not be until Thursday PM now.

outnfree

• Kismet
    Kismet

bttt

• Tina
    Tina

bttt

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

The American Red cross is coordinating blood donations nationwide. You can call (800) Give-Life to schedule an appointment locally. They are trying to encourage people to make appointments for next week. With the tragedy so fresh, everyone is anxious to donate now, but inevitably, donations will derease as time passes. The need however, will not. You can also make a tax deductible credit card donation to the Red Cross by calling (800)Help Now.

BobsGirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit