What will you miss?

by beautifulisfree 15 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

We all know witnesses believe in the paradise. They make it seem like it will be such a beautiful place free of crime, pollution, sadness,etc. But, if there was really going to be a paradise here on earth the world as we know it would be so different. Some of our favorite things would supposedly be gone. And I don't know if witnesses ever think about that. Like transportation and toilet paper. ( to much pollution and destroying the earth) So what would you have missed the most?

Me = Cheeseburgers and steak

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Definitely would miss the steaks, burgers, ribs, & turkey.

I was always of the opinion that the society was wrong about people not eating meat before the flood. Why was Abel herding sheep then?

W

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Computers. Will there be computers in paradise?

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Russell original opinion was that the increase in knowledge in science, technology etc was happening for the purpose of being used in the new age. He felt that the downsides of advances such as things being used for evil or pollution was because of man had not perfected it yet but in the new age theses things would be there and would be perfected.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Playboy magazines

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Maybe because it won't be this earth.

"We are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." 2Peter 3:13

"I am making everything new!" Rev 21:5

"Behold, I will CREATE new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." Isaiah 65:17

As for our bodies:

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. who by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will BE LIKE HIS GLORIOUS BODY." Philippians 3;20

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom." 2 Tim 4:18

Jesus was ressurected with a new glorified body.

so maybe toilet paper... mass transportation and cheeseburgers won't be needed...LOL

gold_morning

• delilah
    delilah

I would definitely miss the world as we know it....all the modern conveniences. I don't wanna wash my clothes in the river on rocks......too much like work!!

I wouldn't miss the cost of travel, but I'd miss the trains............I love travelling by train.

I'd miss the telephone, not that I use it much, but MSN and e-mails are only so good. It's nice to hear the voices of those we love, who live so far away.

I'd miss a lot.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Will we um.... poo in the new system? 'cause I love a coffee in the morning and Archie comics enjoyed on the porcelain throne.

FBF

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Will we um.... poo in the new system?

Yes, but it won't stink because we'll be perfect.

That reminds me - I'll miss farting in elevators.

W

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I would miss steaks with A1 sauce & big, mealy baked potatoes..

I would miss meditating in the mountains at sunrise with incense burning & Pink Floyd on the CD player...

I would miss the occasional mentholated cigarette, & that nice, warm feeling that comes from two or three successive shots of good tequila..

I would miss the sound of a Porsche 911 at the stoplight (& my dream of owning one someday..)

And I would miss this site

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit