An Unexpected Gratitude.... (kinda long)

by BrendaCloutier 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catbert
    catbert

Brenda,
    You have been sober since 1990? Good for you. Really. I read my previous email and it seemed a bit harsh. I have regrets over being a party guy and watching my friends get drunk in front of their kids. I just recall looking at an 8 year old girl watching her father on the floor next to the toilet saying "I think he drank too much." That sucks.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

OOoo Catbert - no sarcasm at all. Seriously I appreciate all the replies! I reread what I wrote and see that it could have been taken wrong.

BC - what a positive outlook to come up with a valid reason to find gratitude in a bad situation. I have to say I'm horrified that this man hit you and threw you into a door and of course more you didn't detail. But to look on the bright side of a bad situation and to come to realistic conclusion is so mature and healthy. Thumbs up to you sister!

CJW - it has taken me since 1990 to come up with one possitive thing about that marriage. Then one day it hit me like a ton of bricks!

It sounds like you have always had inner strength, Brenda, and courage, too. We all live and learn, and you've got the rest of your life ahead of you to enjoy!

What ever became of your husband, is he still stuck in the Borg, and his destructive lifestyle? Kudos to you, for escaping!

My ex#1 (I had 2 more plus my now life-partner Kevan) is alive, well, and living somewhere in Vancouver WA. He "fell away" a little before I did. Last I heard he had gotten sober. For all I know he may have gone back. He's still a jerk with a capital J.E.R.K. (Oh there are pleanty of other names I can use, but that will suffice). After I left he moved in with his Mother in the basement and paid no rent or groceries, making $$,$$$ as an electrician.

He is the only person in the world I have ever hated. I havent hated him in quite a few years now, but this gratitude thing that hit me was wayyy out there.

If adversity builds character - I'm reaking of it!!! ;)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Brenda,

You have been sober since 1990? Good for you. Really. I read my previous email and it seemed a bit harsh. I have regrets over being a party guy and watching my friends get drunk in front of their kids. I just recall looking at an 8 year old girl watching her father on the floor next to the toilet saying "I think he drank too much." That sucks.

Party? Heck, that was my middle name for several years after #1 and I divorced! I got the chance to play like I never did when I was a teen. I have (almost) no regrets over my behaviour either.

At least I made a wise decision with him ... I insisted on no children in our first 5 years ( I was 18 he was 21). Well at 5 years there was NO WAY IN HELL (I was already there) I was going to bring a child into that world! And he kept pestering me to get pregnant because "a baby will make everything better".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks for putting your story out there, brenda. I sometimes wonder if we subconsciously choose the bad stuff as well as the good stuff. Maybe the subconscious doesn't care about all the pain involved in getting somewhere new.

S

• catbert
    catbert

Brenda,
    Do you have kids now?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    If adversity builds character - I'm reaking of it!!! ;)

You make me laugh! I love it!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ahhhaaahaaahaaaaa! Yeah, I'm reaking, thanx (((((SparkPlug))))

Catbert - no, I have no children by choice. I do have 4 cats! I expect to be like the old insane catlady from The Simpsons - going around town muttering to myself and throwing cats at people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit