I'm going to get out

by Sacchiel 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hey everyone, I've been examining my faith and found it doesn't stand up to biblical theology. Its going to be hard since a lot family and friends will very likely repudiate me. I have taken some steps to introduce topics to my family that will get them to analyze the WT teachings. For example, the crucifixion (nails instead of singular), created in God's image not God and Angels, and so on. This hasn't changed their thinking, but I pray for them to know the truth, way, and life which is found in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have plans to disassociate myself from it in a month or so, but want to give reasons for my departure. In other words, I want to share as many people as I can (in the congregation) that the WTS is not directed by God and must come to Christ. I feel that before I start I'll be kicked out right away. Any ideas?

Hope to write some more later!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi sacchiel welcome to the forum..

on the front page there is a forum listed as " best of"

if you click on that there is a topic (maybe two?) of BEST OF: disassociation letters.

there are some really good ones there that you might enjoy reading.

• kwr
    kwr

'Even the dust from your city that clings to us, we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the Kingdom of God has come near to you.'

Luke 10: 11

Don't you know that YHWH does not judge us by our doctrine but by what is in our heart?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I suggest you wait until people are ready to hear. Notice that Jesus always ASKED PERMISSION before healing anyone, "Do you want to be healed?" You seem to be taking it slowly so far, that's the way.

• Instead of challinging one doctrine or another, vaguely mention you have doubts, and if they are interested, they can come talk to you. That way, you talk to the curious, the ones who are ready to listen.
    • When talking to a JW about a treasured belief, stick to a single topic. Don't let them distract you with side-issues.
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Hi sachiel and welcome!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I got the whole thing backwards. The Witness people shunned me, THEN I left. Story of my sorry ass life.

Wish ya good success with your family and friends Sacchiel. I directed a few of my Witness relatives to some . . . facts. My facts were not well received and neither was I. My mother told me she wished she'd have put me in a foster home, my brother told me I represent everything in the world he hates, and my dad hasn't called me in 11 years. Typical Jehovah's Witness family :-)

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Sacchiel

welcome, be very careful how you word things when talking to JW,s.

Hope you don't lose your family best wishes.

Gary, that really sucks.

Sorry to hear that.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Sacchiel,

WELCOME To the forum!! Try the 607 approach. That is what got me out!! Ask them to prove 607 without using the Societys literature. Or tell them Jesus is not their Mediator!! That will really get them to thinking!! Keep us posted on you progress!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• KW13
    KW13

i wish you all the best, i know that its not easy

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey sacchiel. welcome to the forum.

Why is it necessary to disassociate yourself? Why not just fade away from the meetings? This way, you retain your family and friends for a while longer while you develop more social contacts on the outside. Its less traumatic emotionally this way while giving you more time to find those fed up with the society. I slowly faded away over a two years and haven't been to a meeting in months. I have also helped two people so far to see the light about the organization. In fact, there are two friend from my congregation who are fading right now and two from another congregation that have successfully faded. We still maintain our witness contacts where necessary and retain family contacts. I know we are viewed as spiritually weak but really it doesn't make a difference.

Presently, I am using my time to study more, relax a bit and prepare for college in the fall (going back after all these years, can't wait).

I hope this helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit