Confidential Elders meetings, HA!

by restrangled 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gregor
    Gregor

During the 5 years I served on judicial committees no one was more surprised at a disfellowshipping anouncement than my wife. My notes never left my briefcase, which she never touched.

That being said, confidentiality was and is a big problem with JW elders. It all boils down to a telling shortcoming in that organization - lack of genuine love for so-called brothers and sisters.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Restrangled,

WELCOME to the forum!!!!!! Wow, I bet that made it extremely hard on you to know all that garbage!!! What a terrible thing for a kid to have to hear!! The whole confidentiality thing is a figmint of the file and ranks own imagination.. like most other things!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lilybird
    lilybird

hi restrangled,,, welcome to the forum..Your story reminds me of an elder who at 25 was really too young to be an elder in my opinion, He used to tell his wife what went on at JCs . In fact he used to take her along when he was counselling others and helping them with their problems..And she would give advice!!..Many weren't happy with him taking her along. but they were short of men to be elders so it was allowed..until people were finally fed up with her gossiping and they ended up moving away to a new province.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome restrangled!

I can totally believe that about the blabbing Elders. One of the Elders I knew used to leave his briefcase unlocked in his home office and his wife and daughter used to read his notes from the committee meetings and then blab it all over the place.

I wondered if both of them worried about the same being done to them since they both ended up in several committee meetings, even being DF'ed. Guess what goes around comes around!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome restrangled

Thanks for confirming what many here already know. Blabbermouth "elders" and their nosy busybody wives. Just what would the sheep do without them.

Dismembered

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Sometimes I think elders tell their wives stuff because there is no one else to talk to about it. Especially when it concerns other elders so you cant talk to them, for example when one elder is attacking you about your ministry etc. The elder arrangement is a sham to me anyway so who cares.

• FairMind
    FairMind

The betraying of confidential matters by elders was the single biggest factor in my starting down the road of distrusting the whole WTS arrangement. How can the WTS expect its’ members to trust the elder arrangement when they won’t police it? How many long-time JWs will willingly confess their sins to the elders? I think it is only the new and naive ones

• Fleur
    Fleur

During the 5 years I served on judicial committees no one was more surprised at a disfellowshipping anouncement than my wife. My notes never left my briefcase, which she never touched.

That being said, confidentiality was and is a big problem with JW elders. It all boils down to a telling shortcoming in that organization - lack of genuine love for so-called brothers and sisters.

Ah, see, Gregor, I knew I liked you. It's comforting to know at least some of them can keep their mouths shut. I know my grandfather was like that. He never told my grandmother anything about the elders meetings...and I should point out that she didn't ask, either...

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit