Tonites BIG GAME!!!!

by Life Is Grand 25 Replies latest jw friends

• south african beef
    south african beef

Sorry, don't want to upset any of you - I'll leave you to enjoy your minority sport, just don't expect the rest of the world to be interested.

• luna2
    luna2

I thought that hockey and basketball were played in other countries too? Not that they are anywhere near as big as football (soccer) or anything...just thought they weren't entirely an American game.

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

It seems to me that a very large chunk of the players on both the Canadian and U.S. NHL Teams are from overseas....hmmm....ah well, to each their own I guess!!!

If anyone is watching it, ENJOY THE GAME......

• south african beef
    south african beef

You are probably right Luna2.

I wasn't trying to put it down, it's just that it seems a minority sport in sport obsessed Europe - I think it may be a case similar to that of America and England are two nations seperated by a common language! Know what I mean?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

it's just that it seems a minority sport in sport obsessed Europe

thats not the case in Eastern Europe my friend...especuially Czech republic.

Your right about England sweden tho!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

here in England so many houses and hundreds of thousands of peoples cars are proudly flying the Cross of St George flag,

We call People who do that wankers!!lol....

(sorry sab,im not picking on you)

• south african beef
    south african beef

Thanks for putting me straight Fleaman UK.

Mind you I suspect the Czech Republic are pleased they have other sports to think about after yesterdays result!!!!

• jaredg
    jaredg

JARED HERE REPORTING FROM GOOD OL' SUNNY, RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA, HOME OF THE CAROLINA HURRICANES. TODAY IT'S A HOT AND SUNNY DAY WITH A HIGH OF 88 DEGREES, GREAT WEATHER FOR SOME HOCKEY! TONIGHT IT'S GOING TO BE EVEN HOTTER DOWNTOWN AFTER THE HURRICANES BRING HOME THE STANELY CUP. PLAN ON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TO PACK THE BARS AND CLUBS TONIGHT WITH MANY CALLING IN SICK IN THE MORNING! WHOOOT.....GO CANES!!!

• south african beef
    south african beef

Fleaman UK - re your 'wankers' jibe about those that fly flags from their cars, I have to agree, though I have covered up my 'Euro' numberplate logo with a cross of St George.

I have to be careful though - my wife has two flags flying from her car - I tell her that she has 'chavved' it up!

She reminds me that when Arsenal won the Premiership I drove round the area waving Arsenal shirts out of the car and honking the horn!

Probably wish I'd never revealed that fact about myself!!!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I've got to go with the Cains, they beat my Habs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit