Ozzie's weekend Poll #159 (yep, back again!)

by ozziepost 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all!

It’s been a while, but here we are back again, ready for some weekend fun and other things. But........to be honest, it’s more of a real ‘deep and meaningful’ today, so get yourself settled and ready to think hard and long before giving us your answers.

Are ya ready?

The WTS are often acknowledging that most of the witnessing ‘work’ is done by women, right? How often they quote the scripture about “the women telling the good news are a large army”!

That being so, we raise our weekend poll question:

Why hasn’t the Society produced a book about women of the Bible?

1. It’s not important to them.

2. Women aren’t important to them.

3. They don’t consider women worth writing about.

4. They don’t understand them.

5. Dubs aren’t allowed to honor women.

6. They’ve never had to study women of the Bible before.

7. They’re scared that it might lead to women having a lead in the congregations.

8. Imagine the problems they’d have with Deborah!

9. It wouldn’t laud “the Organization™”

10. Who?????

11. Other (please detail)

So what do you think? Let us know, and don’t forget………..

Enjoy!

Cheers, Ozzie (wondering why class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

well ya see brother ozzie, If they did a book on women... they might lose alot of money... here's why..

1 Timothy 2:8-12 'specially verse 10; ...namely through good works... and verse 12: I do not permit a woman to teach...

so ya see, women would not be allowed to go door to door teaching, and would spent their time performing good works... most good works performed by organizations are funded..

see where I'm going?

• deeskis
    deeskis

11. Other:- All of the above!

Hi Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie, hope you're well.

• Scully
    Scully
    Other (please detail)

If they did a book about women, it would make all the men look bad!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    it would make all the men look bad!

LOL!

Yeah, I wonder how they'd go with the text at Romans 16:7? I'm sure they wouldn't acknowledge that Junius ( a woman) was an apostle!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Gosh, haven't they? What about that woman in Revelation, Grand Climax (name escapes me)?

Really - I think it's because there could be a Kingdom Hall Mutiny.

• blondie
    blondie

7. They’re scared that it might lead to women having a lead in the congregations.

10. Who?????

Actually this ties in with my re-reading of some of Rutherford's books. He did write about Ruth and Esther and Naomi, but only to apply their stories as pictures of the anointed JWs at various points of their current history.

The book Preservation was about Esther and Ruth. He used it to attack the Bible Students that were not supporting him.

I did that once, put together a book about women in the Bible. I was surprised how many did not have names.

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/women.html

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

10. Who?????

Actually this ties in with my re-reading of some of Rutherford's books. He did write about Ruth and Esther and Naomi, but only to apply their stories as pictures of the anointed JWs at various points of their current history.

The book Preservation was about Esther and Ruth. He used it to attack the Bible Students that were not supporting him.

I did that once, put together a book about women in the Bible. I was surprised how many did not have names.

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/women.html

Blondie

• juni
    juni

Very good question Ozzie!!

#11 OTHER--- The sisters have thought of this Ozzie, but don't dare ask. They will settle for the crumbs off the table. Why? Because they believe that this is God's organization w/men being placed as heads over them even though I've heard the female rank and file b**** about that headship rule. But they put up and shut up because they, too, want life in Paradise..

Now for the male view - The male rank and file are happy to go along w/BIG BROTHER on this one. (to be fair there are exceptions w/some bros. not feeling this way). Maintains their position of importance and power over women. Sort of like a "spiritual" military postion, but not always in bed.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Juni

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

blondie that ALWAYS shocked me that so many were not named!

looks like the authors would have made up a name or something.

and when a woman is president of the WTBS maybe there will be a book about women of the bible..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit