Heard today: "Wow, why's it so long?"

by Elsewhere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That's right, I was at Frys browsing around to kill some time and while I was in the computer section I saw a kid and his dad looking at monitors. The kid apparently had never seen a CRT monitor before.

Damn... makes me feel old.

Oh, and while I'm on a rant: Before I went to Fry's I stopped to get something to eat at a restaurant. The ticket arrived and I put a Credit/Debit card in the little book and the water took it away. While waiting for him to come back I started thumbing through my wallet to see how much cash I had and such. That is when I suddenly noticed I was was missing one of my Credit/Debit cards.

"Oh Great!", I thought! Now I have to go through all the fuss of having the card canceled and then change all of my automatic payment bills to have the new number. I took out my cell phone and started calling my bank to cancel the card... that's when the water returned with my bill and the Credit/Debit card I placed in the book.

Yup... you guessed it. The card I payed with was the "missing" card.

Don't you just hate it when your brain totally shuts down like that?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Ok, so it't not just me...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oops! LOL!!

That'd be the most labor-intensive way of skimping on paying for your meal.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was at the restaurant and I gave the waitress my order and told her: "Don't forget to come back . . . you know I can't stand rejection." She gave me one of those cold stares and said: "You should be used to it.".

Ouch!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That;s so funny!

Today I was having one of those frantic days while shopping and when I got to the check out lane I stuck my debit card in my lips while I got my glasses out of their case.

Then I started to rumage for my card and all I could find was the little envelope..empty..that I kept it in.

I was thinking ..where did I leave it? Oh great...

Then it hit me that something was in my mouth...DUH....................

Snoozy..who can blame it on her age...

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

I think its a family disease, because my mom would always start looking around for them and then ask exasperatedly "Has ANYONE seen my sunglasses???" We would just look at her and smirk and then focus our eyes on her head.

smellsgood

• gumby
    gumby

......after a rough day, Elsewhere returns home to do what he was doing before he left.

Gumbuds

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Oh... I thought it was going to be something rude...Buuut as I'm still here, I got pulled over a few months ago for having a headlight out. I went and sat in the cops car for a breath test and he asked for my licence which is a green card identical in proportions to a credit card. Three times in my nervousness I handed him my blue EFTPOS (ATM) card and each time he politely said 'no, that's not it' and then he pointed it out to me. I looked at him and asked if he'd like to breath test me again.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I was at a Publix the other day and used my debit card to pay for my food. After I slid my card thru and punched in my password code, I fell into in a kind of mind freeze waiting for the total, when I was suddenly brought back to the planet when the seventeen year old cashier asked me,"Are you gonna want cash back?". To which I smiled and said, "No, thank you". To which she replied, "Well then, could you please hit the NO button, for cash back?". But her eyes and facial expression said the following, "Well then, do you think you could use one of your brain cells to hit the damn NO cash button back, so I don't have to ask another numbnuts moron like you today to hit the fking stupid button?". It was all over her face. Guess I desreved that one. LOL!

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Oh... I thought it was going to be something rude...Buuut as I'm still here, I got pulled over a few months ago for having a headlight out. I went and sat in the cops car for a breath test and he asked for my licence which is a green card identical in proportions to a credit card. Three times in my nervousness I handed him my blue EFTPOS (ATM) card and each time he politely said 'no, that's not it' and then he pointed it out to me. I looked at him and asked if he'd like to breath test me again.>>>

LMAO! so....were you tossed?

have tried putting the video rental card into the atm machine before...

smellsgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit