Lil' Kim - Jehovah Reference

by Bstndance 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

The rockband thread made me think of something kind of funny. On the Lil Kim track "Tha Beehive" she has the lyrics: "Better pray to Jehovah, the game is over" It made me laugh. I wonder if she knows some JWs or being from Brooklyn she just had the material around her.

• luna2
    luna2

Wouldn't surprise me if she knew some JWs or even had some dub relatives. I should google her and see if I can find a bio for her. Isn't she in jail now?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Maybe some kinda' connection to Biggie Smalls history. His mother being a Jehovah's Witness and all. They did work together, Biggie and Lil' Kim.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Tupac(2Pac) and the Outlawz make numerous references to "Jehovah's witness" in their songs... one off the top of my head is "Black Jesus" and at leat 2 other songs that aren't comming to me at the moment..

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Thanks Prophecor!! I didn't know his mom was a dub.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Y/w Best n Dance: If you're in to rap music, Jah Rule came up in the Kingdom Hall as well.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Ok the other songs by 2PaC/Outlawz:"Black Jesus"

"Smile"

"All Out"

"Who Do You Believe In"

"Until The End Of Time"

also of intrest:http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/k/kos-joyful.shtml

Hailing from both Trinidad and Canada and raised by Jehovah's Witnesses, Kevin Brereton, AKA K-Os (pronounced "chaos") has acquired a broader social, political, spiritual, and of course musical understanding of the global hip-hop phenomenon than the vision hawked by corporatized gangsta rappers. What sets K-Os apart from the Roots or Cody Chesnutt is this unique global and spiritual interpretation he draws from his musical eclecticism. K-Os finds derives inspiration from the spiritualism of Rastafarian reggae, the passion and politics of the Spanish Revolution's

http://www.britishhiphop.co.uk/news/latest/the_prince_of_hip_hop_documentary.html

Do you like documentaries? Do you like real people? If so you’ll like this original new film… ‘The Prince of Hip Hop’ is based on the true story of the unlikely odyssey of Stanley Harris - a reformed pickpocket from the Bronx, turned Jehovah's Witness Minister… who claims he's the creator of Hip Hop…!

http://www.eightballmagazine.com/diatribes/volume02/005/093.htm

Apparently, Big Lurch killed his girlfriend and ate part of her in an attempt to cultivate a gangsta image for himself as was encouraged by his record label " Tha Row " owned by the infamous Suge Knight .
    Carolyn Stinson the mother of the girl that Lurch ate is suing Suge Knight and Tha Row in L.A. Superior Court, allegeing that Lurch was " actively courted and supplied with drugs, including PCP, by Tha Row -- despite his "extensive criminal record for violence" and song lyrics that refer to rape, murder, and cannibalism ".
    The suit seeks unspecified damages.
    Here is a suggestion for any other aspiring gangsta rappers that grew up a sheltered Jehovah's Witnesses and now are having a difficult time masquerading as an armed and dangerous sociopath. Put those bastards that hang around you to work. Since they're on the payroll anyway why not let them be the real killers..

Oh, did I mention yesterday(june 16 1971) was Tupac's Birthday...

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

A lot more groups use the name Jehovah, just not on a regular basis. Like in Anglican hymnals you would find "Jehovah." Or in Catholic Book of Worship II, you find Yahweh (changed in CBW III to Lord as to not offend Jews by using the name of god).

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    A lot more groups use the name Jehovah, just not on a regular basis. Like in Anglican hymnals you would find "Jehovah." Or in Catholic Book of Worship II, you find Yahweh (changed in CBW III to Lord as to not offend Jews by using the name of god).

I agree with your statement... But how may mainstream country singers make reference to jehovah (I'm not tryin to pose a Hip-Hop/Urban Poetry vs Country or Rock or classical, etc debate) Just sayin that if you really examine the vast collection of Urban Poetry/Hip-Hop(not the booty rap they play on the radio), That alot of these Artist Make referencs to Jehovah, and even Jehovah's Witness...

It's just interesting...

• luna2
    luna2
    It's just interesting...

It is interesting. However, that cannibalism stuff is horrifyingly disgusting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit