ever get "caught" because someone spotted you on JWD?

by Calliope 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Calliope
    Calliope

i've been thinking of changing my avatar or posting my picture, but due to my fasitidious paranoia, i hesitate with the possibility that some wit out there will venture too close and recognize me.

does anyone know if anyone has ever been "caught" because of displaying their picture here?

calliopé

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It could easily happen, so if you don't want it to, obviously you shouldn't post your pic. Just send me links to your pics in a pm instead.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Richie Rich was caught by his picture on this board. He was caught taking an elders manual and if had not posted his pic as an avatar he would probably not be in the rut he is in now.

As for myself I could'nt give a rats tail about who sees me here. Infact I hope they do notice. I am not afraid of the WTS. They can kiss my royal ARSE.......................

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If you are concerned about being 'caught' don't post your picture.

You might also consider listing a false location and not posting any info about your real location or prior congregations.

-Aude. (not my real name, but it is me in my avatar)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is the world wide web, so only reveal as much about yourself as you'd want to the whole world to know.

Chris

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sure it does happen! Some people have never posted their pics and some...like oldflame...don't give a rats arse if they are spotted!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

oldflame - It was more than his picture that caught Richie. He used his name in his alias, posted his full name, home town, email address, phone numbers, congregation name and the names of his elders. I think at one time he even posted the phone number of the kingdom hall and the elders phone numbers.

If I remember correctly, a poster from here used the phone # provided to contact the elders and told them to come look here.

It wasn't just the picture. He was extremely overt with his presence.

-Aude.

• wednesday
    wednesday

way back in 02 when i first came ot the board, I remember a screename called "islandwoman" who someone ratted out and somehow the elders got a hold of her posts. I think she knew who did it, but I could be wrong about that.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I assume I've been "caught" over four thousand times. I post using my real name and my real picture. Who have I got to be afraid of? Not some book printing business. I'll tell ya that:-)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've been questioned.. dunno if i gave too much detail in a post or what, the person that questioned me didnt mention a screen name so maybe they were just " feeling" me out.. i'm real careful about detail now

i quit posting for a few months, then came back and changed my location/age stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit